cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channels does not retrieve data from the table.

former_member230666
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I still feel that the communication channel monitoring in the PO is still buggy. I have a scenario where the communication channel which needs to retrieve the data from the oracle table using JDBC connection and then send over to SAP. I tried to triggered it manually by going into the communication channel monitoring to Stop and start the communication channel. After that, the log shows that the "Processing finished successfully". Clicked on the message ID and a window will pop up. There is a warning message "No messages available for selected filter criteria" at the pop up window and there is no data being retrieved.

When i go to the oracle table using SQL developer, i'm able to select all the data using the same SQL statement in the communication channel. May i know how do solve this? I've tried to google but i still cannot find any solution. Would appreciate if you would be able to share some light with me on this issue. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try to use the Runtime workbench communication channel monitor?

http://host:port/mdt/channelmonitorservlet

• Does it show the Message ID with  HyperLink or without the HyperLink?
  • In the Old Comm Channel Monitoring - the Hyperlink would be visible only if the JDBC Adapter had gotten data in the select query. If no data found, no Hyperlink is created.
  • I have never checked this on the newer Communication Channel Monitoring in pimon. It could be a case where the data is not getting pulled from the DB and hence no message being created in PIMON

Regards

Bhavesh

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

This is definitely data filtering issue . I mean your select criteria is not working properly.

Can you check are you setting any flag(updating data) after doing select criteria once.

Thanks,

Apu