cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with LiveCache for SCM migration?

former_member222931
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I will be migrating my SCM(APO) system from Oracle to Sybase. The migration will take place on the same server. Currently, the SCM is attached to a Livecache running on MaxDB.

My question is, should I re-install the LiveCache on the new Sybase system? How can I make sure the new Sybase SCM system is connected to the existing LiveCache?

Hope to get ideas and feedback.

Thanks,

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the liveCache on MAXDB connections are setup in /nLC10-Integration.

There are 3 connections maintained - LCA, LDA, LEA. All are pointed to the same liveCache instance and LEA used by the lock server SCM/APO functionality, LDA - by ATP SCM/APO functionality, LCA connection used by anather SCM/APO applications & administrations tools.

After you migrated SCM(APO) system from Oracle to Sybase, check the MAXDB client & MAXDB DBSL library installed on the SCM appl. server, restart the SCM system & test the liveCache connections in LC10 or /ndb59, restart the liveCache.

In case, if you are planning to keep the system 1 - SCM on Oracle connected to the liveCache 1 on MAXDB, and plan to install the system 2 - SCM on Sybase connected to the liveCache 2 on MAXDB.

with the migration of the system 1 SCM on Oracle to the system 2 SCM on the Sybase, then you will need to install the liveCache 2 on MAXDB for the second system & perfirm the SCM system copy in sync for the SCM DB and the liveCache. < You could have 1-to-1 connection for the liveCache and SCM system, could not connect the same liveCache instance to 2 different SCM systems. >

Review the SAP note:

886103 - System Landscape Copy for SAP SCM

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

You can mainly refer to the migration guide. However livecache can only be based on maxdb or HANA. So you cannot install livecache with Sybase.

Best regards,
James