cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Webi report with dynamic prompt on Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

WE have 40 Webi reports with Dynamic selection parameters/prompts having Date, Month and Year selections.

Currently we are changing the schedule everyday to incorporate new date in Webi report from BO end.

Because we are using Standard Bex variables so customer exit is not written there and for some reports we have used Master Bex queries having Year and Month both selections but at Webi level we are using only only prompt Month or Yearfor Monthly and Yearly reports respectively, by unchecking the USE DEFAULT VALUES option of Bex

So we cannot use default vales of Bex for these.

Can we implement an SDK for changing the prompt everyday for daily reports with Current date ?

Because i read it on forum that best solution is to have Customer Exits in Bex , but we cannot change that now.

Kindly help me here.

Regards,

Rohini Haksar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Are you wanting the date to change automatically for this report? If so isn't that just a simple date object that can be created in the query panel?

Just a thought.

Thanks,

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Yes BW can handle this , but BW does not want to change queries now as we have already crossed DEV stage.

So we wanted it to handle in BO only.

Regards,

Rohini Haksar

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohini,

From BO side, through RESTful webservice, what do you get when you ask for /parameters on your document?

Best regards,

Anthony

0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Would this be something along the lines of what you are looking to do? This was introduced in Webi over the last year or so.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-62160

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response.

But this works when we have some default vale coming from Bex to WEBI,

The problem here is i do not have any default values set up at Bex query level.

So i need an SDK where from system dates valeus get populated in Date prompts in schedules.

Regards,

Rohini Haksar