Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with fault file archiving in SFTP adapter

binod8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SFTP adapter and have configured "Archive Faulty Files" and in the fault file archive name I have given as "F:\Incoming\". When there is error at sender channel with XML validation I am getting message as given in below screen shot which suggests that archiving is done correctly.

1> But I am not able to find the file in the NFS PO path. Not sure if the file will get archived in NFS path of PO?

2> I am also not able to see the file on the SFTP server as well.

Please advise.

Thanks& Regards,

Binod Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binod,

If your PI is under windows you should talk with your basis team if the folder incoming is available and with the write permission. Also you can navigate for the folders in your PI system, transaction AL11 in the dual stack or with the functionality that Vadim explains his blog for AEX:

On the SFTP folder  is normal that the file doesn't exist because PI has pick it correctly.

Regards.

binod8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Would you please confirm if the fault file will get archived in PO NFS path or SFTP server. Since I am able to see in the log of the adapter but I am not able to find the file.

Regards,

Binod Kumar

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Binod,

The path mentioned is NFS or SFTP?

Try mentioning a path in SFTP as you have already maintained the SFTP details in the channel.

binod8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghuraman,

I have tried giving path of both NFS and SFTP server and I am getting archive message as success every time in the adapter log for both the configurations but unfortunately in both of the cases the file is not visible for me... I have searched all the path starting from root directory but no luck.

Regards,

Binod

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Binod,

It will be archived on the directory mentioned of your SFTP server and not on the NFS PO path.

You can archive your source files after successful processing either on your SFTP server or PO server -

More info on - Configuring the SFTP Sender Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, secure connectivity add-on ...

Regards,

Nitin

binod8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin

As I said I tried both but in both of the cases the messages in adapter is success but I am not able to see the fault archive file .

Regards,

Binod Kuamr

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Binod,

Did you check for any jobs by chance deleting the files?

Because if its shown as file written,PI will write the file.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binod,

Only to eliminate another possible causes. Try to write a file, with a third-tool, in that directory on SFTP server, talk with your basis team if you don't have direct access.

I say this because you can check in this way:

1. The directory has the permissions to be written.

2. There are not an external job to delete the files in that directory.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binod,

Best way is to send some screen shot so that people can understand your issue more clearly.

If possible please send screen shot of your CC configuration.

Thanks,

Apu

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Check the file naming convention used for SFTP adapter.

Also Once a new folder is created in the directory you can use it for archiving. go to AL11 and check whether folder has read, write access

You can also test your regular expressions using this online test tool:

http://www.nvcc.edu/home/drodgers/ceu/resources/test_regexp.asp

Regards

S Tomar

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Binod,

F:/ Seems to be like some local desktop directory.check the NFS path once.

And also check for any jobs which might be deleting the files.