cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment & FLOC not being displayed on the map for SAP WM 6.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently upgraded the SAP WM 6.2 application to the latest SAP WM 6.3.

I have following 2 issues related to GIS functionality with SAP WM 6.3.

Issue 1 -

After the upgrade, the Business objects (Equipment and Functional Location) are not being displayed on the map. I could see the Work Orders on the map though.

During debugging, I could see the geometry for Equipment and FLOC are being calculated correctly and being passed to the Agentry client during synchronization. However, those objects are not being displayed.

Note: I am able to see those objects on the map with the SAP WM 6.2 app. Both my apps are connecting to the same SMP server & Backend GIS system.

Is there any configuration on the Agentry Config panel which I might be missing here?

Issue 2 -

When I click on "Geotag from Map", the map is not displayed initially. But when I click on the "Settings" icon and choose a different Basemap, the map gets loaded. After the map is loaded, I do not see any option to "drop the pin" on the map to get the geo-coordinates from the map.

Does it require any custom coding to enable this feature?

Any pointers to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ram,

You didn't mention what platform you are working with.  Also, I am assuming you rebuilt your client using the updated EAM and Service Mobile app SDK as that will be needed as well.

In terms of debugging did you confirm either through the ATE or via a DB export that the geometry was downloaded correctly for the Equipment and FLOC collections?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

The SAP WM 6.3 application has been deployed on the SMP 3.0 (3.0.10.6) server.

Yes, the client was rebuilt using the latest EAM & Service Mobile app SDK to include the necessary GIS libraries.

I performed the ABAP level debugging and checked the geometry information being fetched in the GeoSpatial service provider class - /SMFND/CL_GIS_GEOSERV_ESRI.

So far,I have not verified the data on the client using either ATE or DB export. I was assuming that since the data is being sent by the ABAP method, it will be stored properly on the client.

Thanks,
Ram

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ram,

What device type are you using (iOS, WPF, Android)?  I would also recommend checking the ATE/DB to make sure the data is populated as expected as the next step in troubleshooting.

--Bill