Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactions originating from Anonymous ID_ORIGIN

nidhiagarwal
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I want to understand the concept of anonymous ID_ORIGINs. I understand that the interactions coming from ID_ORIGIN marked as Anonymous in customizing result only residing in CUAND_CE_IA_RT table and no contact is created for such interactions.

My question is how should they later be attached to any contacts?

For example : The ID_ORIGIN IP_ADDRESS if marked as anonymous in customizing, any interaction uploaded from this ID_ORIGIN stays in IA_RT table. This interaction record had emaill address info in field SMTP_ADDR.

Now later if any record with ID_ORIGIN as Email and Id as the same email address is added to the database; should this anonymous interaction be now attached to the new contact?

What are the other use cases for the data flowing in from anonymous ID_ORIGINs.

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolae_ciumac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Such interactions cannot be attached later to a contact.

And the reason for that, is that they are and should in future remain anonymous; so they cannot contain any personally identifiable information. To get back to your example - if an interaction contains both IP and email address, then sending it with the IP as ID_ORIGIN, is from a business scenario perspective wrong - it should be sent with the email as leading ID_ORIGIN, and therefore shall not be anonymous.

With regards to our standard customizing, the use cases involve clickthrough events, where one would use the IP (to be checked if legally allowed) or a web session id as ID_ORIGIN. On the other hand, for such use cases one might consider using the device-specific cookies as ID_ORIGIN, for wich a contact would then be created; if later on, we get another id additionally to cookie information, for example a web-account number as unique id because the consumer has decided to register in a web-shop, all originating interactions could be merged to one single contact.

Best regards,

Nico

Answers (0)