Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after upgrade to PPM 6.1, few PPM items are missing

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We created PPM items like 1-108333, 1-108334 and 1-108335 this morning. All these items were created in the same manner . But later on, When I searched for first two items I dint find them using search criteria in PPM dashboard also I could not see them in SAP table DPR_PROJECT .

Whereas I could see and find the PPM item 1-108335.

Could you please suggest why it happened?

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

have you created a Portfolio Item or a Project Management Project?
Items are stored in table /RPM/ITEM_D - whereas a project is stored in table DPR_PROJECT.

When a project is created via DFM functionality from an item you should have an entry in both tables.

Best regards,

Judith

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, you are right. I missed PPM item table.

I checked the entry in /RPM/ITEM_D and I did not find the items created wheras I found another sequential item (1-108335) in this table.

I dont understand what went wrong with those items.

Best Regards

Saurabh

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

can you re-create the item with ID 1-108333 or are you receiving an error-message or dump?

Best regards,

Judith

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Actually, it is an auto-generated number. We have made this number field display only.

Also, I heard from business users that they created items 1-108333, 1-108334 and they closed the window without saving them . And perhaps when they tried creating another item system generated running sequence number as 1-108335 and they clicked save for this and that is why it is visible in item table.

Also, I am able to replicate this in our testing client.

Looks weird to me, Your thoughts please?

BR

Saurabh

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

the user created an item and the ID was suggested with 1-108333 and 1-108334. Then

the user leaved the screen without saving. Therefore the items are not saved in table /RPM/ITEM_D.

Then a new item is created and the suggested ID is 1-108335.

The item 1-108335 is saved - therefore is is also available in table /RPM/ITEM_D.

When the user is creating an item the number range object RPM_EXTID is used and the number is increased. Therefore when creating the next item the next ID is suggested - although the first item isn´t saved. You can also use BAdI RPM_OBJECT_SERVICES to implement your own logic for the numbering.

Best regards,

Judith

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Judith, I will use the BADI suggested by you to control this behavior.

Thanks & Best Regards

Saurabh

Answers (0)