cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project systems - HR Travel - Funds Management integration using PR05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a Public sector environment and we are currently trying to integrate HR travel with Project systems (Network/activity). All the necessary settings and FMDERIVE derivation rules have been done . 1) Access transaction PR05 to Create a new travel request 2)  Access enhanced cost assignment and assign 100% to NWA 3) The FM assignments are derived from the NWA. 4) Save the transaction 5) Mark as trip/report approved and to be settled 5) Save the travel request.The travel request saves but the budget is not encumbered.

Technically, when i apply a trace to FMDERIVE , the AUFPL, APLZL and the GL account/Cost element/Commitment item  and the funded program gets derived up to the step when i hit the radio button Mark as trip/report approved and to be settled. As soon the i hit save ,the network number stays populated, the Funded program , the APLZL and the AUFPL goes away in the trace and the values are empty. The travel request saves .

I tried to see how can i get the VORNR information into the source or target fields in the COBL structure  via table look up of AFVC but couldn't find it in FMDERIVE. Can anyone please elaborate on getting ORDER_POSNR_NV (APLZL) from table AFVC using ORDER_NUMBER_NV (AUFPL) and VORNR as there is no VORNR is the FMDERIVE source in AFVC table look up. Also there is no VORNR equivalent in the COBL structure to assign table fields to target fields in AFVC table look up .

Can anyone please suggest  if i am doing anything wrong. The function module FMDT_READ_ORDER_NV_FROM_FMZUOB in FMDERIVE is also implemented as a derivation rule but the values as i have mentioned above becomes empty just as i save the travel request. Is it such that i have include another derivation rule to hit the budget / commitment item (encumbrance ) when i save the travel request.

I tried doing the same process with WBS instead of NWA and everything works fine including budget encumbrance to the commitment item.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srivaths,

Try running following transactions in sequence and then check if the budget consumption is working:

1. PRAP: if there are different levels of trip approvals. If not, this TC is irrelevant.

2. PREC: Settle trips.

3. PRFI: Create and execute posting runs.

Regards,

Narender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

There is only one level of trip approval. The trips have been settled The whole set up works fine with the WBS. I think the issue is with the FMDERIVE not deriving the VORNR as it is not available in the FM structure. Once the VORNR gets updated , the budget will be consumed for sure. I am looking for a way to get VORNR into FMDERIVE AFVC table look target fields . I do not see a  filed in the FM structure to assign it.

Thanks

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srivaths,

process to Approve/Settle/FI Posting is as below:

1. PR05 (Travel Expense Manager)- used to create approve and settle but SAP Has alternate to this.

PRAP- to Approve

PREC- to Settle

2. PRFI- FI Document posting

3. PRRW- Posting Run

in this way you can post actuals to Concern Account assignment.

as far as FM part: you need to check FMDERIVE settings and related derivation rules if applied.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

This issue here is not PR05. It is working fine as per the design. The issue here is how to get the VORNR (operation/activity ) in into the FM structure and into the source and target fields of FMDERIVE  AFVC table look up.

Thanks

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

try to create new Derivation Rule using VORNR and test in Test Environment.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

This issue here is not PR05. It is working fine as per the design. The issue here is how to get the VORNR (operation/activity ) in into the FM structure target fields of FMDERIVE  AFVC table look up. I do not see VORNR it in the target COBL structure . if i do the same scenario with WBS it worked just fine and the budget gets consumed. But withe network/activity it is unable to determine VORNR.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Did you solved this issue? We have the same issue regarding activity number when executing payroll transaction. On tracing derivation, only on business transaction HRBV the activity number didnt get into the field but on HRP1 it's activity is get so fund center is derived succesfully. This is happening on the same cost element.

Thanks,

Dian EP