Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display/enhance entity type properties from a data model

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i work on "My Shopping Cart" SRM Fiori application.

i need to add a customer field among an entity type's properties. The ABAP structure type name is /SRMNXP/S_SC_HEADER: i added my CUF it in its include  /SRMNXP/INCL_CUS_MINISC_HDR.

In SEGW, i created a Z project and i imported the above ABAP structure: now, i have my Z entity type with the new property.

Nevertheless, when i run the application, my new technical name does not make part of the properties.

What am i missing?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Laurent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

below a summary of what i did:

1) i redefine OData service /SRMNXP/SHOPPING_CART following this SAP Help Redefining OData service (GW)

2) i generated the service following this SAP Help Generating Runtime Objects

3) i activated and maintained the service following this SAP Help Creating the ABAP Classes and Registering the Service

But i still have the error message "The final class "/SRMNXP/CL_DATA_ACCESS_BASE" cannot have any subclasses." when i check my DPC end DPC_EXT classes...

In /N/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE transaction, using the SAP Gateway Client, if i execute a request URI for metadata with my new service name, my new property (my CUF) is correclty added to the standard ones.

But if i execute a query for my entityset (collection), i have a DUMP in ST22. This DUMP is also linked to DPC_EXT class...

Does this mean i do not have to generate the DPC classes?

Or, if i have to generate thoses classes, how to do it without the syntax error?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

superclass /SRMNXP/CL_DATA_ACCESS_BASE is a final class:

But the problem is this class is the class used as Data Provider Class in most of the service names for software component SRMNXP01 (used for SRM UI Add-On but also for "My Shopping Cart" and "Tracking Shopping Cart" SRM Fiori Apps)...

So why SAP defined this class as "Final"?

Due to this, how can i redefine standard services?

Whole information comes from this thread:

need to enhance entity type properties from data model

Regards.

Laurent.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

here below final answer to this thread:

need to enhance entity type properties from data model

Regards.

Laurent.