cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while dealing with Data Manager (PA 2.5) and PostgreSQL 8.4

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am experiencing some troubles while attempting to connect to a PostgreSQL 8.4 DB through Data Manager.

I am running PA 2.5 on Windows 10 and using the ODBC PostgreSQL driver 9.5 (PAM documentation states to use 9.X driver).

Details of the error :

- If I go to Data Manager > Create a Data Manipulation and click on the Magnifier: it works as expected (I can view a sample from the targeted table).

- Then I click next > (fields of the table are correctly detected) > Views (tab) > Data and Statistics > refresh: an ODBC error [42703] is raised saying that the (first) column of my Table does not exist... but it is!

I got the same issue as soon as I want to save my Data Manipulation in a Table or a View.

What it is very curious is that if I decide to do an "Automated Analysis" like a Time Series Analysis, onto the orignal Table, the data is retrieved perfectly!

Do you guys have any suggestion? I actually have to do some data manipulation before running the analysis...

Thanks.
R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Romain,

Can you please add a screenshot when the error is faced? Log files would also help. Thanks & regards, Antoine

For the log files, see

0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply.

Please find enclosed logs and screenshots.

Thanks !

Romain

And logs are available at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20779512/KxSupportFiles%20.zip

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Romain,

It looks like an issue with  Data Manager not quoting the names properly.

Coud you try creating a SQL view with upper case names for the view name and the column names?

Regards

abdel_dadouche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are your table using lower case column name, upper case, mixed case?

Can you send the file kxenwizard_log_rchailan.txt & kxenwizard_SQL_log_rchailan.txt located in your %TEMP% directory?

Can you send the DDL for that table as well?

Thanks

@bdel

0 Kudos

This is definitively due to some case error.

I recreated my original table with lower case column name and it worked perfectly.

Thanks all !

R.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Romain, please see and updates. Can you please reply back? Thanks & regards Antoine