Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FIORI 2.0 release

shirley_te
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any news on the release date of FIORI 2.0? I have looked at SCN and none mentioned about release date.

I went to PAM and saw the following but I assume that they pertain to version FIORI 1.0 rather than meaning FIORI 2.0

1. SAP FIORI FRONT END SERVER 2.0 with a release date of Nov. 2, 2015
  2. FIORI APPROVE REQUEST X1 2.0 with a release date of  Jan. 20, 2016
  3. User Interface Add-On 2.0

Can anyone confirm that the above are not the same as FIORI 2.0 and that FIORI 2.0 is not yet released to Customers (General Availability)?

Also, is the Notification shown in the FIORI 2.0 demo the same as Push Notifcation  (like when you have something to Approve that a notification shows up) which is not present in FIORI 1.0 unless you do some development using SAP Mobile Platform?

Kind Regards,

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe UI Add-on 2.0 corresponds to Fiori 2.0 and was released on the dates you mentioned. UI add-on 2.0 is available with NW 7.50 SP01 onwards.

Regards,

Saurabh

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh.

No that's incorrect. UI Add-on 2.0 has nothing to do with Fiori 2.0.

UI Add-On 2.0 is a Gateway module. Fiori 2.0 is a design concept.

UI Add-On 2.0 does NOT bring you Fiori 2.0.

Hope that clarifies things

Rgds,

Jocelyn

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jocelyn for clearing the confusion!

shirley_te
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you very much for the clarification.  I hope you don't mind me asking another question.

In FIORI 2.0  screen samples I saw, while the Launchpad is open, a Notification can come in.

1. Is the notification available in 2.0 the same as the Sniff Odata mentioned in one of the FIORI 2.0 Blogs?
  2. is the FIORI 2.0 notification the same as the Push Notification that is not available in FIORI 1.0 unless I do some development using SAP Mobile Platform or not the same?  What I meant by Push Notification is even while I am not logged in to FIORI/Launchpad is closed, a notification badge shows up on my mobile device telling me that I have something to approve much like twitter or facebook showing a badge notification on my phone.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Shirley

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Shirley

Don't know the blog on sniff OData so can't comment on that.

Push notifications is different ... That's a native device or hybrid app capability through SMP or HCPms

Notification List Item controls are available as of SAPUI5 1.34 so you can use them now if you want to create something with a similar look and feel

rgds

Jocelyn

shirley_te
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Jocelyn!

Kind regards,

Shirley

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Any specific date did you got regarding when will be FIORI 2.0 released to Customers (General Availability)?

Thanks & regards,

Manoj

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Please read my previous reply... Fiori 2.0 is a design concept not a release. Lots of components of the Fiori 2.0 design concept have been released since Teched 2015.

That said, we are starting to see some bowing to the inevitable and SAPUI5 1.40 being mentioned as "the" Fiori 2.0 release as in 1.40 the major concepts of the Me and CoPilot cockpit views come into play alongside the new Belize theme. 

Current SAPUI5 version is 1.38.

We expect SAPUI5 1.40 will be released around about Teched 2016... and there will be lots of sessions in Teched explaining the new features and capabilities.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some of the Fiori 2.0 building blocks are now available in the SAPUI library while others are nowhere to be seen.  Pretty sure that things are being built but at the same time migrating all of SAP over to UI5 might be the priority?  Rampup of some parts perhaps announced at Teched 2016 LV?