cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Movement in ECC to Fiori / Mobile App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to create a goods movement in Fiori? What I have researched is that Confirming GR is the only transactional.

Please, need your help here. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geline,

I have search in the fiori apps portal:

Fiori Apps Library

and didn't find any app for doing "Material Movement".

So, I think you should develop a custom fiori app for achieving this task.

Regards,

Emanuel

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suspect, though have no confirmation, that the GM process has so many variables, that you would not want to create a Fiori app to cover all the different ones.  Goods Receipts are fairly simple since most of the possible parameters were already set and the user simply confirms the receipt of material, putting in a few items like a location and a quality level.  I have not worked with the Fiori GR, but can see how the design would be much simpler than many other GM transactions.

However, if you break down the specific tasks that you wish performed and keep most of the variables to some default values, you probably could build some very useful GM based Fiori apps.  Or you could develop a rather complex Fiori like app, but that would be moving away from the basic premise of Fiori apps (simple routine tasks made easy to use remote from the backend system).

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi folks

Ok some customers have done this or a doing this already. 

The complication is not just narrowing down which goods movement scenarios you want to cover... it's also one of those areas where you are probably going to want an offline app. 

As in the user doing the goods movement is likely to be on some remote site or deep inside a warehouse where the network connectivity may be dodgy if not non-existent.

So it's custom app time and you REALLY want to think hard about the design on this one.... as you may also find you are dealing with users in contexts where they may need to use ruggedized devices, may need to operate the device with gloves on, etc.

Yes it's possible... but this one takes some good design thinking up front. 

Rgds,

Jocelyn

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Great point on the offline.  I had not considered that (despite a number of years upgrading and maintaining a warehouse management software implementation).  We also had dodgy connectivity so really no excuse in forgetting that point. 

Cheers, Mike

SAP Technology RIG