Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Generation problem after EHP upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone help here. We have recently upgraded to EHP 7.

After upgrade, we see user buffer is not getting updated from the roles with large data. for eg, for the derived roles with more than one profile, the objects are available in the role, role is assigned to user, profiles looks generated with green status, user comparison looks good.

But objects does not appear in user buffer , hence user misses authorization for the objects and the role is not appeared when we check in SUIM.

Does anybody know any Authorization subnotes need to be implemented or any other solution?

Due to the profile generation problem in SUPC, We had already implemented sub note: 2220928. Is there any other linked subnotes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for viewing, This issue was resolved. Hence I am sharing my solution, so that it will be useful for someone.

This has occurred while clicking 'generate derived role' button from reference role with more than one profile. Then only one of the profile for each derived role was updated in USR12 table.

So even though user has the role and profile assigned to user, the objects from profiles will not be updated in user buffer.

As a temporary solution all the derived roles in the system line had to be regenerated from Development-Quality-Production system which was updating USR12 table correctly.

And when issue was forwarded to SAP, It was informed that SAP note: 2228102 had to be implemented and this was made as a permanent solution for this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for viewing, This issue was resolved. Hence I am sharing my solution, so that it will be useful for someone.

This has occurred while clicking 'generate derived role' button from reference role with more than one profile. Then only one of the profile for each derived role was updated in USR12 table.

So even though user has the role and profile assigned to user, the objects from profiles will not be updated in user buffer.

As a temporary solution all the derived roles in the system line had to be regenerated from Development-Quality-Production system which was updating USR12 table correctly.

And when issue was forwarded to SAP, It was informed that SAP note: 2228102 had to be implemented and this was made as a permanent solution for this issue.

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing.