cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP S/4HANA Finance in SAP S/4HANA

sumit_gupta10
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP Simple Finance (now SAP S/4HANA Finance) has components like: SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA, SAP Cash Management powered by SAP HANA, SAP Integrated Business Planning for Finance, SAP Central Finance.

With release SAP S/4HANA 1511, it is said that SAP S/4HANA core has areas like logistics and finance.

So, all are components of SAP Simple Finance part of SAP S/4HANA? This is a bit confusing as SAP S/4HANA Finance is also presented as a separate LoB solution in addition to SAP S/4HANA.

Or it is like that only certain components of SAP Simple Finance have been moved to SAP S/4HANA core and other components are part of separate LoB solution SAP S/4HANA Finance?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sumit_gupta10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I second what Aleksey and Shiva has said on this topic.

It is like a component and sub components just like it was in SAP ECC,

So you have S/4 HANA- S/4 HANA Finance- Acc powered by HANA, IBP, Cash management etc.

Hope this helps, please close the thread it it dose.

Regards

Rishab

0 Kudos

Hi,

Honestly speaking i do not see this as so simple (Hierarchy mode). I will use one example to show it.

In S/4HANA, 1511 you cannot access anymore maintenance transactions for vendors / customers (XK0x, FK0x, XD0x, FD0x) and it is replaced by Business Partner (BP) + CV integration. But if you consider S/4HANA Finance (aka old SAP Simple Finance naming) - this feature is not there and it is not even confirmed to be included in S/4HANA Finance 1605 (next release). So even though we can pre-assume that at some point these 2 products (so Finance inside S/4HANA, 1511 and S/4HANA Finance) will go hand in hand (same features etc.) it is not like this now. Almost all features are the same but remember that for S/4HANA Finance engine is ERP + add-on, for S/4HANA, 1511 it is S4CORE (i assume heavily redesigned and HANA optimized coding of standard programs whereas in S/4HANA Finance 1503 only some parts are redesigned in this area).

I know it can be confusing but in fact, it is. And while doing last and this year 2 proof-of-concepts (one for SAP Simple Finance and 2nd for S/4HANA, 1511) we were struggling with it.

shiva_13
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

S/4 HANA is a platform DB. And where as SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA, SAP Cash Management powered by SAP HANA, SAP Integrated Business Planning for Finance, SAP Central Finance all are separate components, which need to Install/activate as per licensing with SAP.

SAP is releasing these products strategically, which are editions can represents 'YYMM' format. (Eg., 1503 is March, 2015). Like that 1511 has been released in Nov., 2015 and introduced Simple Logistics.

And another some of features in sFin is going to introduced in 1605 edition, which is going to release in May, 2016.

So it is updated edition of “1503” which is not required Simple logistic, It will work with Classic logistic.

New functionality they release in this edition:

a)      Multiple currency – 2 fix + 8 freely defined currencies per ledger.

b)      Transfer price functionality with single valuation or multiple valuation ledger.

c)       New Fiori App release for (FI, internal order, and TRM).

You can check in SAP official site too, for more details.

SHIVA..

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

SAP is no longer using the term Simple Logistics.

Instead , its S/4 HANA Materials management and operations which is a part of S/4 HANA On premise 1511 version out since November 2015.

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SFIn it's S/4HANA Finance and can be installed separably from "SLOG". In S/4HANA you have S/4HANA Finance and 'SLOG'.