cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Is Context-Sensitive User Assistance for SAP Fiori Launchpad Used For

former_member182967
Active Contributor

Hi Experts,

I wanne to know if configuring context-sensitive user assistance for SAP Fiori Launchpad is mandatory or not for S/4HANA Fiori, what is the purpose.

I see the configuraiton in guide Disclaimer - SAP Help Portal Page

Chapter 3.5    Configure Context-Sensitive User Assistance for SAP Fiori Launchpad

Can you give me a example for context-sensitive user assistance?

Regards,

Ning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

They mean this one... the new User Assistance .. pretty nice stuff

https://experience.sap.com/news/all-aboard-innovative-new-onboarding-for-sap-apps/

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where can I find more technical information about this?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

Context Sensitive Assistance will open a "side-panel" on your application when it is deployed via Fiori Launchpad. When this is "active", you will get an interrogation mark at the Shell Bar (right beside the user's icon).

Some applications in S4HANA already come with the context related "content" for each application. When you activate this feature, pay attention to the applications you have setup for each user. So, once you have the application with assistance, you will see a "side-panel" with related information for this specific application.

A very good example for this is the side-panel you can see on the Fiori Demo Trial:

https://demo-fioritrial.dispatcher.hana.ondemand.com/sites?sap-client=001

HCP Cockpit also displays a similar on-line help in a different way.

All technical information is to be found here:

Configuring Context-Sensitive User Assistance - SAP Fiori Apps for SAP NetWeaver 7.50 - SAP Library

It uses standard help documentation created by customers or SAP via t.code: SR13

Regards,

Ivan