cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need an index file in fiori launchpad ?

former_member189009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am new to fiori application. Recently I create a ui5 application and deploy to my gateway system and config it to the FLP. But when we test the UI we run the index.html file in the ABAP server. When we create the Launchpad role, we use UI5.Component=<route> to link the component.js file.          So I am very confuse about this, Do we need the index file in our fiori application or just the component.js ?  if we just need the component.js how do we load the script recourse like this :

<script src="https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/resources/sap-ui-core.js"

id="sap-ui-bootstrap"

data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m,sap.ushell, sap.collaboration"

data-sap-ui-resourceroots='{"Demo": "./"}'

data-sap-ui-compatVersion="edge"

data-sap-ui-theme="sap_bluecrystal">

</script>

My app:

Launchpad Role:

Thanks for your sincerely answer!

Zhang!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

If you are looking to integrate your UI5 application into the Fiori Launchpad then your project must be based on a component (Component.js). There is no need for index.html in your project if you are not going to run your app as a stand alone app. index.html is needed only to run the app in stand alone mode.

In short, the Component.js file encapsulates all the UI assets from the project and is independent from the index.html file. In index.html you just instantiate the component instead of the app view.

The newer Fiori apps are based on the Component.js file and do not run the index.html file when accessed through the launchpad.

Regards,

Saurabh

former_member189009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your help, I still have a bit confuse about the source, if we just use the component.js in the fiori launchpad, how do we load the resources like the index.html ? because I run my app in FLP but it have some error like it didn't load the resources.

In addition, usually we develop the hole project in eclipse, then deploy the application to gateway, Do we test the application by running the index.html file on ABAP server  or run it form the FLP ?

<script src="https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/resources/sap-ui-core.js"

id="sap-ui-bootstrap"

data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m,sap.ushell, sap.collaboration"

data-sap-ui-resourceroots='{"Demo": "./"}'

data-sap-ui-compatVersion="edge"

data-sap-ui-theme="sap_bluecrystal">

</script>

Answers (0)