cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Learning strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have 5 years of experience in ABAP and Webdynpro development. Now I want to start learning SAP Fiori.

As far as I understand, the technology behind Fiori consists of 4 things - HTML, CSS, Javascriipt and jQuery. I'm somewhat familiar with these technologies. So my Fiori learning strategy consists of 2 steps -

1. First 3/4 weeks brush up the underlying technlogies from w3schools.

2. Next 1 month learn how to use these in Fiori context.

Would you please let me know if this plan is ok? Also is the developer guide https://sapui5.netweaver.ondemand.com/ ok or do I need to follow a book?

Please let me know your advice,

Sarif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarif,

I feel that it is better to learn by doing. Since you already have background of a programing language I do not think it will be useful/needed for you to learn basics of each of the underlying technologies. You will grasp them as you go on.

First get an understanding of technologies Fiori is based on. Make yourself familiar with the best practices in creating a Fiori app.

Then,

Think about a simple app (may be a todo list app) you want to create and right away get into building it. As an when you encounter new concepts/unfamiliar areas, take a detour and learn that concept, (may be jQuery, CSS, routing etc.) and then get back to building your app.

In my opinion this might be quickest way to get in the Fiori world.

Regards

Krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sivakumar_mobility
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sarif,

Fiori is set of developed apps using  SAPUI5 so it is configuration .SAPUI5 is build using javascript and html and css.If you want customization you need to learn SAPUI5  through following link.

ChartDemo Demo App

SAPUI5 SDK - Demo Kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many good resources linked in here:

The documentation and walkthroughs are very good at https://sapui5.netweaver.ondemand.com/

Javascript is key, CSS/HTML is not so important.  Since you have a background from ABAP, everything to do with the gateway should be quite natural for you to focus on as well: