cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output request send to host spooler under SAP user id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I was trying to research if there is a possibility to send output request to host spooler under user id of user who created the request in SAP.

We are running ERP 6.00 on NW 7.00 on Windows.

SAP user id and Windows id for users is identical, so each SAP id for a business user exists on windows domain.

We use PDF printer installed on remote windows printing server which creates PDF to specific folder. Drive:\PDF_FILES\<USER_ID>\<output req name>.pdf

We use

U      Print Using Berkeley Protocol

and PDF1 device type

Problem is that it does create everything under user_id SYSTEM.

Is there a way to set up the output in SAP to be marked with username from SAP ?

I was told this used to work for some time, but unfortunately there is no implementation/change  documentation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in case someone else needs the same information.

There seems to be old option in SAPSprint (no idea why the printer is now using U: when more logical would be S: output type)

S     Print Using SAP Protocol
U     Print Using Berkeley Protocol

Anyway, there was such option using SAPSprint, but is no longer support by Windows: 1276591 - SAPUserAsOwner option no longer supported

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mario_bisonti2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo.

Is it possible ti set SAP username as owner with print method "C: Direct operating system call" ?

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

access method U is a remote access method. So SAP appserver sends print file + control file to remote print server via RFC1179 protocol (sometimes called lpr protocol). The userid under which the received print job is processed (i.e. stored in a directory in your case) must be the userid under which the print server service runs (the local system account). I cannot think of a way how the print server service would "impersonate" another OS user based on attributes in a received print file/control file (the SAP user ID is probably contained in the control file of RFC1179). That would be dangerous from a security perspective, I believe.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me it is also hard to imagine how this worked before - if it really worked.

We have some other applications which work, but I suppose they work similarly like SAP LOCL.

Printing to LOCL would do the trick - SAP send the print request to SAP GUI and user prints it to pdf printer, this way the Windows ID creates the output request on the printer Q.

Otherwise I still wonder if it really worked at some point 😕

it really seems, this would be a security issue, since SAP user would need to impersonate the user while creating an output request on his/her behalf.

regards

Michal