Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Picking strategy

former_member307772
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While creating Transfer order against Delivery , it has been observed that storage type search would be 001 002 in Development server.

But when we execute the same scenario in Quality server , the search sequence is 004 005 for same Material (Set with same Stock removal indicator), also the search sequence maintained in-configuration is same in both the sever i.e no configuration change observed.

Please suggest me what could be the issue in this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member307772
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue is closed now. Actually there is one Z (Customised table) by which it is picking the strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently we faced the same issue, Actually in our case we activated user exit for pick and putaway.

In Dev client working fine but in QA we faced the same issue you have.

Finally we find that we have multiple version in our development and the changes not moved to QA.

We have removed the user exit in Dev and QA tested the putaway and pick now working fine.

If you have activated exit mean kindly uncheck the exit and try if it work mean problem in exit only.

Thank you,

G.Mohan Naidu.

0 Kudos

Hello,

To see the search sequence and how it is determined, you may also debug it in TO creation.

In your quality server, set breakpoint in include LL03AF58 and Form T334T_LESEN. You can check T334T table and see which entry is determined in this table and then go-to the customizing in SPRO to check the configuration.

Hope it's helpful.

Best regards,

Edward

former_member307772
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Yes i have checked all i.e

1.Stock removal indicator in MMR

2.Spl stock, stock category, WPC, Hazardous class with search sequence and all are same in Development and quanlity server.

Still facing the issue in quality server but not in development server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If configuration is same in both development and Quality,

then it must be master data issue, check all relevant  master data, ex. material master, bin master etc.

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,If you have activated the storage unit check, this check also influences the storage type search. In this case, the storage unit type from the transfer order is also checked against the allowed storage units per storage type. The system finds this information via the table "Allowed storage unit types / storage type regards, Vipin

former_member307772
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Thanks for Input

But i believe the strategy will follow the below sequence

1.Storage type search

2.Storage section search

3.Storage Bin type search

4.Storage Unit and Storage Bin.

Here in my case in Quality server. perticular material stock is exists in 001 and as per Indicator removal indicator set in Material master , system should search 001 first where the actual material is available with Storage Unit .

But still system is show the sequence 004 005.Do i need to check User exit? Can you please give me some tips?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes correct but ,you can influence the storage type search using other indicators: please check for same   process indicator (for example, stock placement or removal)   storage type indicator from the material master   stock category indicator   special stock indicator