cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Configuration Data Import into Target System Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring Master Data Governance for Material. While performing Data import into target system step in Set up Data Transfer I have followed all the steps as in the screenshot attached and defined the logical path in FILE transaction and also defined file source and archive directories.

But as per step 6 its given that make sure that the IDoc-XML files are stored under the logical path and that there are no other files stored in that directory. There is the physical path that i have assigned to logical path available in transaction AL11 but on double clicking that path to view IDoc-XML files, along with the IDoc-XML files other files are also present. Please guide me the solution. I am attaching the screenshot of the files present in that path.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Except your IDoc-XML files do not keep any other XML files in that path.

I guess, import program will try to read all XML files in that path. Remaining file types except XML should be OK to keep in that path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for your response.

I am new to MDG. The next step, that is step 7 of testing Data Import, I am not getting the path to open the Material Governance work center. Please guide me to open the Data Import service.

Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Which role you are using ? Copied from standard MDG-M role ?

You could find the node Import Master Data under Data Exchange -> Data Transfer in all standard MDG-M standard roles. Please use this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you.

I am using standard MDGM role only. I got how to open Import Master Data now. I have attached the screen shot of what I have got. But there under user tab its red, indicating no users assigned. I have missed somewhere some step I guess while configuring. And on opening the MDG work center and inputting all details on clicking show directory content, nothing is opening. Please let me know where I am going wrong with solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Please assign your user to role SAP_MDGM_MENU in User tab first and then try again. Else copy role SAP_MDGM_MENU to a custom role and assign to your user in User tab and try again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned user to role SAP_MDGM_MENU in user tab. I am trying to open the show directory content in MDG work center but nothing is getting opened. Please let me know what may be the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

I guess you should check the Assignment of Physical Paths to Logical Path in FILE transaction.

Ask your BASIS team to create a new directory in AL11 for example /home/ZMAT and maintain it in the physical path in FILE as shown below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Did you try and is it working ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you.

I tried and its working. But there are other files along with the xml files in that directory and upon IMPORT when I checked the logs the files are not picked. Status is shown as ERROR with a message as "Material exists in active area; overwrite not allowed; Material rejected"

I am attaching the screenshot, please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Divya

Answers (0)