cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW04 Testdrive on Linux: no start profiles found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have problems to start a newly installed Server (NW04 testdrive on MaxDB (WebAS 6.40) on Suse 9.1) a second time.

The first time all steps decribed in the installation manual were fine:

It was possible to start MaxDB and the WebAS 6.40 and also to stop the system.

I installed SAPGUI for Java. If I try to connect the error "partner not reached (host: 127.0.0.2, service 3200 .... Error No 111, Connection refused)appears.

When I start the server manually (as I did above) with "startsap nw4host" (as user nw4adm) the system says: "no start profiles found".

Do I need to add the directory /sapmnt/NW4/profile to the path? How?

The content of the path is:

/sapdb/programs/bin:/usr/lib/java/bin:.:

/sapmnt/home/nw4adm:/usr/sap/NW4/SYS/exe/runU:

/usr/sap/NW4/SYS/exe/run:/usr/local/bin:/bin:

/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin

Thanks for your help!

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

do you know groups.google.com? A search with "no start profiles found" would have given you the solution. Also in the SAP Linux Mailingslists you can find this answer:

http://listserv.sap.com/pipermail/linux.general/2004-October/004349.html

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

many thanks for your reply! NW4 is working now!

I entered 'ifconfig eth0:0 <ip-address-used-in-/etc/hosts>' and could then start the server with startsap nw4host.

Then I started successfully NW4 with SAPGUI!

So, this topic is solved.

I have three more questions:

a) I would like to reward this topic as solved. But I can not see any button to do so. I'm pretty new in the forum...

b) I logged on as SAP user SAP*. If I want to create a package z01_test in Object Navigator, I don't have the permission:

'No changes for user SAP* allowed' and 'Internal error Create Package in SAPLPB_PACKAGE'.

Since SAP* has SAP_ALL rights, it should work - isn't it?

c) In the installation manual 3 more users are defined (DDIC, DEVELOPER, J2EE_ADMIN), but I can't log on. The message appears: 'error in license check'. I installed the RPM package received from SAP. Manby the RPM license is related only to SAP*?

Again, many thanks,

Johannes

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

a) Have you marked your initial post as a question? I think only then you can reward points. But I think you can change this also now.

b) You have to use the user DEVELOPER to create Packages.

c) Check if the licence which is installed via the RPM is tho only License. If also the temporary Installations licence is installed this can cause your problems.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregor,

your information is really good, but, i have bad news:

i got SUSE SLES 9, two interfaces, WITH the updated description in /etc/sysconfig/network, one for the

eth0:0, other for the eth0 interface, but unfortunately

i got the "no profile found error". I changed an environment variable, so i set up "startsap" with the following:

startsap nw4host pf=/usr/sap/NW4/SYS/profile/NW4_DVEBMGS00_nw4host....

and still got this error-message.

If i make a ping, i got: answer from nw4host (195.155.155.1) ...... without any problems...

Have you got any idea?

Thanks,

Istvan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Istvan,

please try the following command as root user:

"ifconfig eth0:0 195.155.155.1".

I always need to execute it before I can successfully start the system as nw4adm user.

Best regards

Johannes

Answers (0)