cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save, not in error, sales orders for batch managed materials without entering the batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to have batch determination in the Delivery process and not in Order Entry but for batch management materials the system requires entering a batch for the relevant line item; and if I save the order (in error) without entering the batch, Delivery creation is not allowed (Error message: Order is incomplete-maintain the order).

Which is the correct way to proceed?

Thank you and kind regards

Enrico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico

Please check-

VUP2-  the Item Category and - In completion procedure  assignment .

Example - TAN -20 (In completion procedure)

Check -OVA2 if there is any Entry for Inc Pro- Standard Item(20) with VBAP-CHARG.

I have very strong feeling it must be because of In completion procedure .

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I removed the "warning flag" against batch field in the incompletion procedure, I do not get anymore the batch missing message at order line entry but I'm still not able to create the delivery because the order is incomplete (the batch is missing).

regards

enrico

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the configuration steps you've done for batch management?

it would not be preventing you to create delivery since you can redetermine the batch in delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear x xk,

I have activated batch management in the configuration steps.

At the very first screen in create delivery, after having entered shipping point, date and sales order number I get another screen with the error message: "order is incomplete-maintain the order"

When the order is saved I get the error message that the batch is missing. I know! I would like batch determination at delivery stage, but I can not get the delivery creation screen

regards

enrico

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i assume you didnt activate batch determination in order item catg.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear x xk,

I did not. I would like batch determination at delivery level not at order entry

regards

enrico

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So that's strange that batch field is not in your order header and item incompletion.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

What is the message number in the message: "order is incomplete-maintain the order"?

May be it is a Z-Message and related to some Custom development in system that you are not aware of.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

this is the error message I get in delivery creation just after having entered, shipping point, date and order number, see print screen. Thank you

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You removed the warning, but what is the status group in the incompletion procedure?

Can you share F4 screenshot with the status groups available and the status group that is currently set for the sales order item and batch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina,

here they are the settings

thank you and kind regards

Enrico

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

as Santosh correctly pointed out, the problem is with your incompletion procedure.

As you can see from your status group, you block delivery creation with 04 status group.

Here is a nice document on the topic, which can help you understand the concepts: .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico

Do you tried to check this parameter in TCODE: VOV8 ?

If this does not help you, I think this post can help:

Regards

Gabriel Pinheiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Veselina,

I removed the block for delivery, I was then able to create the delivery and get the batch determination in the delivery process.

Kind regards

Enrico

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

for the relevant item category batch determination is marked active only at delivery level.

The problem is that the order is in error because the batch is missing at order level, so it appears that I must enter a batch, but if I enter a batch the same is copied at delivery level and batch determination will not occur at that stage

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check your incompletion log that is assigned to the order type and check the incompletion procedure and the fields

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Enrico,

Can you check the setting for Batch determination for Sales Order here:

IMG - Logistics - General - Batch Management - Batch Determination and Batch Check - Batch Search Procedure Allocation and Check Activation - Allocate SD Search Procedure/Activate Check.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

incompletion log shows that the batch is missing but I have also check what suggested by Jignesh and for the set of data I'm working the batch check is unmarked

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to check the configuration settings of Log of incompleteness OVA2 and the fields that are assigned for the incompletness.

if the Batch is there in the  incompleteness you can remove

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check your Order Incompletion log settings,also check if the Batch determination for Order Level is marked Active