cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect materials - International movement

veronica_tant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Morning,  Looking for some feedback.  I wanted to know how your companies handle indirect materials.  We have some that do not have material masters, but we need to hold classification of the materials for international shipments.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

veronica_tant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Follow up to original question:

For Indirect materials - Fixed assets (i.e. tooling, office supplies & equipment, etc.)

What is the best practice on how to put those into SAP?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veronica,

It would be useful if you could say what you mean by "indirect", and what you mean by "handle".  For example, are you talking about purchasing of fixed assets like tools & equipment, or something else?

And if you don't have material master records, in what way do you expect to "hold classification" of the materials.

Sorry to respond with questions, but your question seems a bit vague.

Regards,

Dave

veronica_tant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Dave for your quick response.  I am thinking it is a two fold question really.

1)  With our fixed assets we have them set up as YPRDs but they do not have a material master associated.  So I'm trying to figure out how to get the classification attached without using an excel spreadsheet.

2) What is best practice on handling those types of materials in order to get them classified for international movement should it be necessary?

Is there a better way?  Obviously new to SAP but looking for direction. 

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veronica,

I'm sorry, but I'm not really understanding you yet.  What is a "YPRD"?  And which Transaction is used to "set them up" in your system?

Perhaps you have a colleague or consultant who's not so new to SAP, who could explain in SAP terms?

Sorry for not providing useful answers yet!

Regards,

Dave