SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device removal reversal not updating device dates

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I uninstalled a device. Now when I do the reversal of the device removal, I am NOT able to see the device validity dates being updated in the Installation data environment and also in the EASTL table. I see the EGERH table affected with one row getting omitted but no change in EASTL. I tried doing reversal in both ways: 1) Billing reversal first & then technical reversal 2) Full reversal Can you please suggest.

10 REPLIES 10

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

If you did the full removal of the device, you will have to do the following two steps to get it back to the state it was in.

1. First perform the technical reversal of the removal using EG50.

2. Perform the billing related installation using EG34. (Use the same date it was removed on).

This will complete the reversal of the removal restoring the time slices.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Hi,

Its the other way round.

we need to do billing reversal first and then technical reversal.

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct. I probably jumbled the order.

Doing the billing related installation followed by the technical reversal of the removal would give you a consistent time slice.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

The above response is wrong from removal reversal perspective.

What you have mention in your previous response is correct, as the device is removed (billing+technical). So in order to do the reversal you need to do technical reversal removal followed by billing related installation (with the date as "removal +1)  for e.g if the device is removed for 02012015, then the time slice is created with MR Reason 22 till 01012015 (actual day -1))

@ Ricky- If you done the removal and in order to do reversal, please refer the above info...thanks

Rgds,

Mohammad.Q

0 Kudos

Hi, I am doing a full reversal, that should actually update the time slices right?

0 Kudos

Yes, If you removed the device and are doing a reversal of the removal, the time slice should be consistent and without any break.

Example: It should start from the initial date the device was installed on and should continue till 31.12.9999

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case the EGERH table is updated with correct time slices.

But the table EASTS shows the end date as 04/22/2016 (& NOT 12/31/9999).

When a reversal is done EASTS should update it with 12/31/9999.

Please suggest.

Thanks

0 Kudos

If the time slice in easts ends at 22.04.2016, it means that the billing relevant installation ends at that date and the device is not installed for billing currently.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

So, do I need to perform a billing installation for 22.04.2016 to extend the device validity?

0 Kudos

You need to do the billing related installation for removal date + 1 with the same parameters as the previous billing related installation was to get a single time slice.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel