cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug DP macro exist in process chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have process chain, in that chain one step getting failed and that step contain only one simple macro and that macro is copying next 3 days bucket values from one key figure to another key figure and its giving following error 'System error during parallel processing: Error converting units".

I have tested macro manually from macro workbench, it ran successfully. But when it works from process chain its getting failed.

I thought this error message has appearing due to UOM conversion not maintained at product master data, but its not possible to check all the product master data because of too many products are exist then i checked some products randomly everywhere conversion of UOM has maintained.

Kindly suggest me the recommended step on highlighted error message.

Thanks,

Jamal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to start the whole process chain if you only want to debug the macro job.

You can first set breakpoint in the coding of your macro. In macro workbench, book information, you'll find the program name of the macro, and if you search with your macro name, you'll find corresponding FORM of the macro and macro steps. Alternatively you can set a break point in function module  /SAPAPO/ADVX_MACRO_CALCULATION. Please refer to wiki page https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/ugC2GQ for further information.

Then you start your DP jon using report /SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN. You'll reach the break point you set.
In the above mentioned wiki page, you'll find more information about how to debug a macro job.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamal,

I have tested macro manually from macro workbench, it ran successfully. But when it works from process chain its getting failed.

Open the planning book that is used by the Process chain.  Select records using the exact same selection used by the Process chain.  Now, run the macro manually.  If it executes without error, then you have a problem in your process chain.

....but its not possible to check all the product master data because of too many products are exist then i checked some products randomly everywhere conversion of UOM has maintained.

Don't be silly, of course you can check them all.  U/M data is stored in table /SAPAPO/MARM.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Thanks for your comments.

Before posting this I have tested both of your suggestions. In MARM table U/M exist for all the products.

But if execute the macro with group of products, getting the error. I want to know is the error is related with U/M of product?..if yes how i can find that particular products.

Regards,

Jamal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamal,

MARM table U/M exist for all the products.

A bold statement.  I will assume that before you made this statement, you compared the entries in /SAPAPO/MARM with the entries in /SAPAPO/MATMAP and found that the proper U/Ms have been created for EVERY product that exists in your Planning book. 

I will further assume that you have validated that the conversion data (numerator & denominator) in //MARM make sense for EVERY entry that exists in your Planning book.

What did the log say (/SAPAPO/MC8K) for the Macro step that failed?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos