Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/4HANA Query browser open in Design Studio fails

RonaldKonijnenb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a 1511 FPS1 system on Amazon aswell as on a physical machine. Both give me an error when I open a CDS view in the query browser and push the open in Design Studio button.

This happens with all standard roles out accounts:

UserGain access to the following
BPINSTAll Fiori Apps
S4H_FINFiori Apps in Financials
S4H_COFiori Apps in Controlling
S4H_CASHFiori Apps in Cash Management
S4H_MMFiori Apps in Material Management
S4H_MM1Self-service purchasing using purchasing catalog
S4H_PPFiori Apps in Production
S4H_SDFiori Apps in Sales and Distribution

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check these notes :

2106016 - Configuration steps for Design Studio in Distributed sFin or S/4 HANA Environments with a Remote Gateway Server

2289865 - Configuration steps for S/4 HANA Analytics

2106016 - Configuration steps for Design Studio in Distributed sFin or S/4 HANA Environments with a Remote Gateway Server

RonaldKonijnenb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

thanks a lot for your answer! I believe you are right that the answer lies in one of these notes. I'll go through the settings again.

thing that puzzles me is that both my systems are pre configured by SAP. Should work out of the box, but I guess something was forgotten. Wonder if any of the other trial system users have the sam issue.

tx a lot!

Ronald.

JoergWolf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

this specific scenario (web-based Design Studio from Query Browser) was not pre-configured in the trial, and it's also not mentioned in the demo script of the trial / CAL appliance.

ICF services for Design Studio and authorizations are not activated by default but you can of course play with those in your instances (see note 2289865).

Besides HANA Studio and AfO, also the Lumira client should work against CDS views via the BW extension. The extension is part of the 30-day Lumira trial (enable it on the remote desktop) or other licensed Lumira editions.

Best,

Joerg

RonaldKonijnenb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Tx for your reply!

Activating SICF did the trick:

/sap/bw/ina and Mime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

After following all steps described in SAP Note 2289865, i'm able to launch query browser tile, but when trying to open any view with design studio, the 2 error messages bellow arise and not able to edit the view.

Any idea what could be missing?

Thanks and best regards,

Miguel

JoergWolf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

this looks like some issue within the CDS query itself.

What release are you on and where did you find this query ? 

If you use the S/4HANA appliance  in AWS (that's how this thread started) and your system is setup correctly, you should e.g. see a meaningful result when using this URL (it will display a simple query without variables in Design Studio):

https://vhcals4hci.dummy.nodomain:44300/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sa...

If you have setup your own system, change host&port accordingly.

Best,

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for your reply.

The CDS query is a content one. These are the component releases i'm in:

SAP_GWFND7500003SAPK-75003INSAPGWFNDSAP Gateway Foundation 7.50
SAP_UI7500003SAPK-75003INSAPUIUser Interface Technology 7.50
ST-PI7400003SAPK-74003INSTPISAP Solution Tools Plug-In
SAP_BW7500003SAPK-75003INSAPBWSAP Business Warehouse
UIBAS0011000001SAPK-10001INUIBAS001UI for Basis Applications 1.0
IW_PGW1000008SAPK-10008INIWPGWProcess Gateway

I'm not using AWS, but my own configured system. I'm sure som econfig is missing, just can't figure out where.... where should i change host&port? ( i'm not a basis guy )

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Miguel

JoergWolf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I meant to change host&port in the URL according to your system:

https (or http)://<your_host_name>:<your_port_number>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html?sap-client=100&sap-language=EN&sap-sec_session_created=X#AnalyticQuery-analyze?XQUERY=2CCFIAPINVPROTIME to see if this query comes up correctly.

I saw that you also cross-posted the issue in http://scn.sap.com/message/16777649#16777649. I forwarded this post to our analytics team in case they have some ideas. Please try to stick to one posting place in the future if possible.

Best,

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

Using the URL with my host & port gives me same result - Query open, but with the 2 error messages and no dimensions, rows or columns.

Sorry for cross-posting... as this was an old post i've thought afterwards there could be no reply, which was not the case.

Let me know if you get any feedback from analytics team.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best Regards,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg,

I tried to open this but its showing me error. Could you please suggest how to get this running.

Application 0ANALYSIS could not be loaded

Thanks

JoergWolf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yogendra (and also Miguel),

did you do the steps outlined in SAP Note 2289865, especially

• Make sure, that up-To-Date Version of 0ANALYSIS is active. This can be checked via Table RSAOOBJ . If necessary run transaction rstco_admin or function module RSO_CTC_ACTIVATE_CONTENT with parameter AZAP 0ANALYSIS

Does this happen in you own installed S/4HANA system or in the SAP CAL based trial version ?

Best,

Joerg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MPS4HANA
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need to apply required notes.

Did you check query output in HANA-Studio ? or Analysis for Microsoft Xls ?

Is the issue only with Design-studio ? -- Have you done required setting for connectivity between DS & FIORI ?

RonaldKonijnenb
Contributor
0 Kudos

HANA studio and AfO give data on the CDS view.