cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can anyone of you explain to me in a simple and precise way what a condition table is and when it is used? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haku,

A condition Table is a collection of fields used in pricing/output/text/material or where ever u have a condition technique.

lets say i have created a conditon table 890, now as i told u the condition table is a collection of fields, now this table should also have some fields, let say the fields in this table are Customer/Currency/material group. now u can maintain a conditon record to this table. So, when u maintain a conditon record to this table the fields will be customer, currency and material group so if u maintain a condition record for pricing accordingly, then the system will search in this combination of looking for the customer,currency and material grp. if system finds the record( if u have maintained it using T.code vk11) then system will get the price accordingly.

if u have some more queries on the notes which i have given plz feel free to ask.

i wld also recommend u to read Glency williams bood for easy understanding of condition technique.

cheers,

anil.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all of you, I appreciate it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Condition table: If existing condition table meets the requirement, we need not create a new condition table. Considering the requirement for new condition table, the configuration will be done in spro as follows: IMG --> Sales & Distribution --> Basic Function --> Pricing Control --> Condition Table (select the required fields combination, which will store condition record).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple words, a condition table is one which holds the data for a particular condition.

For example, you want to offer a discount of 2% if the customer is X and material is Y. Then you will have a condition table which will have 2 selection fields (customer and material) and a discount value of 2%. You will create a condition record in this table such that :

Customer : X

Material : Y

Discount : 2%

Now, whenever an order is created for customer X and material Y, a discount of

2 % will be automatically selected (provided the related configurations are done).

Configuration flow : First create a condition type, create and assign an access sequence to the condition type, assign accesses (tables) for the access sequence and finally include this condition type in the relevant pricing procedure which is assigned to Sales area/ Customer Pr.procedure/document pricing procedure.

Regards,

Palani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A condition table is is used to provide us with different options while maintaining condition records so that we can best identify a particular situation.

We assign the condition tables into an access sequence which is a search strategy to find the most specific to the most general record out of the available options.

Along with this we use the Exclusive indicator in access sequence to optimize the performance by coming out of it when the system finds the most specific record than search the entire sequence.

Hope it helps. Pl. reward if useful.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore