cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Properties for own Viz Extensions - How to?

0 Kudos

Dear Lumira-Guru's,

I try to dive into developing own visualization extensions. Therefore, I worked with the tutorial from https://help.hana.ondemand.com/webide_vizpacker as well as with examples from the scn pages.

I went also trough Florian’s blog “SAP Lumira Extension Development: Custom Visualization Properties” (http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2015/10/23/sap-lumira-extension-developing-custom-visualiza...). However, till now I didn’t find any working example. When using the “Sample Bar” extension from the tutorial, in the compose room the “Visualization Properties” are empty, but as far as I understood, there should be at least two checkboxes, one for gridlines and one for animation.

As written, in my case they are not visible. Another visualization I tried is the “SWOT Analysis” (“sap.viz.ext.swotanalysis_customprop.zip”). For this one, in the compose room under “Visualization Properties” I have the three properties “EXTEND_CHART_TITLE”, “EXTEND_LEGEND” and “EXTEND_PLOT_AREA”, ...

... unfortunately nothing happens when changing the corresponding settings (flags).

Lastly, I tried to use a sample from the WebIDE, but there I where stopped by the WebIDE before being able to create the example ->

Could someone give me some clarifications how this works? Perhaps with a working example? I’m working with the WebIDE and Lumira 1.30.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Raghu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Lumira extension properties documentation is listed here - Visualization Extension Plugin for SAP Web IDE Guide

as you already pointed out, SWOT Analysis from our open source Github gallery has an example implementation. you can find the relevant github extension here - lumira-extension-viz/SWOT_Analysis at d5e8b22829d843b76a794b0ce8b151c16bacb35e · SAP/lumira-extensio...

0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

You probably didn’t saw my comment “However, till now I didn’t find any working example.».

Perhaps you can test the two examples «Sample Bar» and «SWOT Analysis» and confirm that they do or don’t work as expected?

Your link leads to the following page:

... in the next subchapter ... ->

... the tutorial is pointing to the "Sample Bar" extension example - but as I wrote: it does not work! At least not on my computer with my Lumira installation. And: If you follow the instruction of the tutorial, you will see, that it does not fit the explanation given in the tutorial … 😞

See the print screen of the "Sample Bar" example, there are no properties ->

Regards.

Oliver

Raghu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

you are right, i should have read your question correctly. the example swot analysis is trying to show using properly like within the chart. your need is more in the visualisation properties panel of compose room.

i did a quick search in github repository and couldn't find an example.

i do have an extension that shows how it works. can you contact me at my SAP Email raghuraman.ramakrishnan@sap.com , i will provide you the info.

additionally the same example, i will work with @annie and publish to our github repository.

Raghu

Answers (0)