cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira on standalone server

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to install Lumira 1.30 (BI platform) on dedicated server. I am not able to install it , since it requires BI platform on that server. I read in sizing guide, Lumira for BI platform can be on dedicated server.

Did any one followed this kind of approach?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You downloaded Lumira server for BIP,  you need Lumira team server to have standalone lumira server.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dennis,

I see in the sizing guide it mentioned that Lumira server for BI platform, it can have dedicated server. I thought it will work same way as explorer.

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lumira server for BI Platform is an add-on to BI platform and hence BI Platform is required.

It comes with following components and each of them have some BIP dependencies

• Lumira Server -- requires --> Platform Processing Service
  • Lumira Scheduling service -- requires --> Platform Scheduling Service
  • Lumira Restful Web Services -- requires --> Restful Web Services
  • Lumira Web Applications -- requires --> BI Platform web-tier (BOE.war)
  • Lumira Mobile BI Service -- requires --> BI Platform web-tier (MobileBIService.war)

Deployment on a dedicated box is recommended as Lumira has an in-memory engine.

Regards,

Ashutosh

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashutosh,

I still don't understand the concept of installing Lumira on dedicated server.  We already have distributed environment with CMS and all BO services in one server and Tomcat on another server and Explorer on 3rd server.

If Lumira needs to be installed on dedicated server, we will be installing above services and install Lumira on that you mean?

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's correct. You need to install these minimum services on that node, and then you will be able to install the add-on.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (0)