cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM error : Could not connect to host on port 4241

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are trying to upgrade SAP ERP 6.0 Ehp 5 using Software Update Manager tool 1.0 remotely from my desktop. OS version: Linux RHEL 6.5. DB version: Oracle 11.2.

While executing the command ./STARTUP from SUM folder, GUI is opening from browser but can not connect to guiport 4241. The error shows,

Error while connecting to communication partner.

Could not connect to host <hostname> on port 4241.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect    

Taking reference from other blogs, we have tried using other ports (guiport 4242,4243), but no luck.

Took reference from Note. 1238121 - SAP JVM for Software Logistics Tools, set the environment variants JCE_POLICY_ZIP, still it didn't work.

Stopped the default router of OS using iptables, didn't work.

I am attaching the DETECT.TRC log from ..//SUM/sdt/trc folder.

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[/usr/sap/trans/SUM/sdt/trc/DETECT.TRC]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DETECT.TRC]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%s]: %-100l [%t]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Apr 23, 2016 12:41:25 PM [Error]:                                                                    com.sap.sdt.dmt.DMTFactoryManager [Thread[main,5,main]]: Property file dmt.properties not found in class path

Apr 23, 2016 12:41:26 PM [Error]:                                                                  com.sap.sdt.jspm.JspmFactoryManager [Thread[main,5,main]]: Property file jspm.properties not found in class path

Apr 23, 2016 12:41:26 PM [Error]:                                                                    com.sap.sdt.dmt.DMTFactoryManager [Thread[main,5,main]]: Property file dmt.properties not found in class path

Apr 23, 2016 12:41:26 PM [Error]:                                                                  com.sap.sdt.jspm.JspmFactoryManager [Thread[main,5,main]]: Property file jspm.properties not found in class path

Apr 23, 2016 12:41:28 PM [Error]:                                                               com.sap.sdt.tools.var.XMLFileConverter [Thread[main,5,main]]: File /usr/sap/trans/SUM/sdt/config/./JUP.J2EE.xml does not exist.

What could be wrong? Am I missing something? Or is there any network issue from server to my local desktop?

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Joy,

first try to telnet to port 4241 and If it is allowing then you can go with this port otherwise use 4239 port.

If you still face same than restart the system and disable the firewall and hopefully installation will proceed.

please also make the entry of hostname in host file.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for your reply. However, we need not to do anything. The error is actually from network. I am able the telnet from my local PC to server. But some network restrictions are stopping communication from server to my local PC. We have directly logged in the server and started SUM, it worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Joy

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if port is not already in use.

And you can try using latest SUM version 1.0 SP16, this makes use of hostagent and is better.

Thanks

Imtiaz

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you want to run from your desktop then you need to elaborate the issue with network/system admin.

Regards,

Answers (0)