cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous system copy HP UX to SUSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone my pleasure been here in the forum. Need to make an Heterogeneous copy from SAP ERP ECC 6.0 with HP UX and Oracle 10g to SUSE with Oracle 11g.

What are the prerequisites? what i need to perform first? what are the best practices and steps? I'll be more than glad with the help you can provide me, thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis, As this is heterogeneous copy ( moving from HP to Linux), this is O/S migration. Couple of things to help you with this.

1. For any OS or DB migration, you should perform if you have a certified system support consultant or a certified SAP Technical Consultant to get support from SAP.

2. For a smooth migration, you need to run OS/DB migration check. You can refer below link https://support.sap.com/support-programs-services/services/os-db-migration.html

3. You can refer FAQs from below section. https://support.sap.com/support-programs-services/services/os-db-migration/faq.html

4. You can take help of IMIG service from SAP to optimize the downtime. You can check with SAP on this. 693168 - Minimized Downtime Service and Incremental Migration (IMIG).

5. You can refer below link for details on OS DB migration http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8324

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I see your oracle version is changing. You should first upgrade to oracle 11G in source system before starting OS migration. This will cause less issues and will be less complicated. Otherwise after OS migration, upgrade the DB to Oracle 11G. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya, i appreciate very much you're time to give this answer, have many years don't do this, i'm retaken my SAP career and also preparing me for new challenges, will read this very carefully.

Hope if have any doubt can contact you again.

Best Regards

Alexis Prichinenko.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you suggest that in the "source system" (HP UX) upgrade de existing DB from 10g to 11g? Before of the OS migration.

Is right in that way?

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis

Upgrading Oracle prior to the upgrade is not required and wont make the upgrade more simple.

During an heterogeneous system copy all the SAP objects of the database are exported to a format that is not dependent of any DB / DB version.

Best regards

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>>You should first upgrade to oracle 11G in source system before starting OS migration.

There is no need to do that. In fact like Yves said, the export is in database independent format. During the import phase, you can set up the target system directly with Oracle 11G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks guys appreciate all the help been given. I been reading an this is what i found:

1) Need to be done one "Analysis Session" 5 weeks before the migration, is necessary do all preparations guide by the issue report.

2) Clone the data base on the productive environment.

3) Export from "source system".

4) Import from "target system".

5) 6 weeks later have to be done the "Verification session", and apply all the recommendations listed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis.

Any reason to go to Oracle 11G and not to 12C?

For Oracle Database 11.2.0.4 - the Terminal (final) Patch Set for Oracle Database 11.2 -Oracle will waive (no extra cost, no action required) Extended Support to every customer with a valid support contract until May 31, 2017.

You can extend the Extended Support for Oracle Database 11.2.0.4 until 31-DEC-2020 - but then at the usual extra cost.

This information can be found in MOS Note:742060.1.

Recently we did this same OS/DB Migration and we did go to 12C.

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira