cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resources required for basis admistration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am part of BASIS team in my company and we have installed all these instances:

34 Sap instances distributed in 57 servers

Today we are only 2 resources, and I need to let my boss know that we need more people ASAP.

Is anyone able to let me know how can we calculate how many resources are required according to the information provided?

Thanks!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi, we have two BAsis Admin. for around 25 instances and 12 servers (3500 users)

To make the monitoring  use the cluster transactions. You can check all servers and instances to same time. Sample SM50 is local process, SM66 is cluster application server process.

For us the main problem is the support to heterogeneous application servers.

We have logon groups for load balancing. some groups over hp-ux servers and others over VM-Ware with Linux SUSE operating systems.

Use additional tools check management engine for SAP.

Regards.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Resource is just not dependent on amount of SAP instances and Servers.

It depends on the number of various SAP products you have (like ECC, BW, HANA, PI...so on), the DB and OS support requirements and User Base; Usage of automation tools or solution manager for monitoring; Scope of work and the biggest is experience of person supporting the landscape.

For Eg: A very experienced person may not find enough work in your landscape and will be idle, where as you may need 5 people at Novice level.

So a combination of factors determine this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all so much for your answers.

My team manages all the following products

SAP ERP

SAP BI

SAP BPC

SAP GRC

SAP SRM

SAP SOLUTION MANAGER

SAP PORTAL

SAP SAP BusinessObjects BI platform

SAP DATA SERVICES

SAP PI

Sap Trex

SAP Single Sign On

SAP Information Stewards

all these are distributed in 34 instances Saps and 57 Sap distributed servers.

I am still not sure of how many resources are required for mananaging the basis team.

Are you able to let me know this?

thanks.