cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on sync interface requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have two synchronous interfaces, both are NFS File <-> Proxy and requirement is to achieve sequence mechanism based on both interfaces file names which is in the format of 3 digit code-CCYYMMDD-HHMMSSMSS.xml.

So let’s consider interfaces names are A and G.  So requirement is G files should process before A.

I have created G interface as normal sync scenario and thought of applying sequence using A interface. So  created additional folder called ‘working’ in A interface root folder, created bat file to compare A interface files and G interface files,

1. if (A interface file name first 3 digits are same as G interface files) and  (compare time in both files. If A interface file time stamp is greater than G interface files) -->  No need to move A files to working folder,

else

1. if (A interface file name first 3 digits are same as G interface files) and  (compare time in both files. If (A interface file time stamp is less than G interface or if there are no files in GL root folder) ---> then move A interface file to working folder from where PI picks the files

else

1. if (A interface file name first 3 digits are not same as G interface files ) -->  then move A interface file to working folder from where PI picks the files

So this is the requirement for sequencing and I have created bat file and created ABS job to achieve this. Now we are migrating from PI to PO and thinking to handle this with in PO and get rid of ABS job.

I thought this can be done by using BPM. Can you help me on how to achieve this using BPM? What are the steps needs to be included in BPM?

Appreciated your response on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any one help on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since this is File to Proxy scenario, so you cannot create message mapping, therefore I will suggest you to use Extended Receiver Determination, wherein the OM will contain message mapping which will have just for reference any dummy structure on the source side, and File Name as a field on the target side. Now, create a JAVA UDF for fetching the file name through Dynamic Configuration and map the same to the target File name. In the target structure you can have additional two fields say X and Y. These fields will contain the part of the file names as you suggested in the post (via the use of substring node function).

Note: Please make sure that you declare a Global Container in the java udf.

This Global Container can be used to compare the two files with respect to their substring as well.

Also in the ID part, in order to get two interfaces, you can have two Config scenarios in one party and a common Config scenario with Extended Receiver determination for the other two interfaces where you will create a OM.

Thanks,

Souvik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

But I can create message mapping.

As mentioned, these are two interfaces, I have 2 nsmespaces in ESR for each.