cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Application. Button doesn't show caption in the Android Client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In the Agentry Application I have screen with a Button.

Button have a caption.

Agentry client shows caption in the WPF client

but doesn't show in Android Client.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Konstantin,

Hi. Just curious, your button in Android shows the Compare Values?  What is different with your settings with Compare Values versus Scan RFID?  Did you try Label instead of Format if that works?

Best Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Scan RFID" button have ClassName property is Assigned.

Action is Empty.

"Compare Values" button have ClassName property is Empty.

Action is Assigned.

No other differences.

As I know "Format" is a property to assign a Caption for a Button.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you saying your button field has a classname specified in the External Field tab meaning it is calling an Open UI control?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using same screen set for both the platform? Can you please cross verify this? If its different please check what is the difference between your WPF and Android platforms screenset settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

External Field refers to the Z_RFIDButtonAdapter class that extends ButtonDisplayAdapter class.

This class is declared in AgentryAndroidClientSolution project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitesh

I have only one platform for this ScreenSet.

So he had no choice but to use only one Screen.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Since you are using an OpenUI control for that field, your custom code is responsible for drawing the button control and any label it should have.  You need to adjust your code to display the label as desired.

If you remove the class reference, I would expect the button to be displayed as expected as a native Agentry button field (of course without your code behind it).

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you give a reference to the help where it is described how extend ButtonDisplayAdapter class and what methods should be overridden.

I found the short description of ButtonDisplayAdapter class on SAP Help

Agentry OpenUI API for Android - Developer - SAP Library

But it is too briefly described.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend looking at the sample controls that are provided with the SDK.  There you will have working examples of most if not all of the extension class types. 

In terms of your issue with the label display, there isn't an override method that you need to include.  Your Open UI code has responsibility for rendering what ever you want in that control space.  Just because you are extending from a ButtonDisplayAdapter doesn't mean your code can only draw a button.  You can draw whatever you want.  The class you are extending from simply defines the interface between Agentry and your Open UI code and what properties were set / available from Agentry.

--Bill