cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records Management and Network Drives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a new with SAP Records Management. My company wants me to test, if documents (e.g.. MS-Word or pdf) that are stored on normal network drives (no Webserver and no DMS) can be put into a record with it.

So that's the question, is this possible or not?

Thanks for your help

Sören

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its possible to put documents into records chk out this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9c5ee290-0201-0010-0e99-bcbc0427...

Reward points

thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but that was not my question

I already knew, that you can put references to documents into a record of SAP Records Management.

My problem is, that those documents are stored on several <b>windows network drives</b>. Now I want to put references to those documents into my records. No copies, just references.

Is this possible?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soeren,

it depends what you mean.

First of all, you can work with any kind of documents (DOC,XLS,PDF,...) in SAP Records Management. There are basically two service providers being used for handling documents. 1. SRM_SP_DOCUMENT, 2. SRM_SP_AL_DOCUMENT.

The difference is: 1. is for "living" documents (supports e.g. versions, attributes,...). 2. is for images without a lifecycle (Ex.: invoices, sales orders,...).

But, in order to use these SP's the documents have to be checked in from the network because the storage is in SAP. Both of them offer some basic functionality for checking in those documents.

Now, if you want to keep them stored on the network drive there is as far as I know no SP with this functionality.

But, of course, you could write your own one having access to the documents on the filesystem.

But, consider the option to check them into SAP.

Best regards

Torsten