Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Access to Seconday Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're taking on a new company and we want them to use our same PRD system however we don't want them to access any of our data. What's the best way to accomplish this? If the new company has a separate company code, can I assign that company code to each role I create and have that do the trick? I know I can use Company Code for some modules, but I'm not sure what I need to do for our other modules (for example I think I need to use plant for our MM?). We use PP, FI, CO, SD, MM, WM, and AM, what do I need to set for each module? Also what about some of our custom reports like our daily sales report. It seems an user can access our custom sales report even though I didn't give them access to the t-code. Would our ABAPer need to do this on their level? Thanks for any advice you can offer!

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orrin,

You can do restirct the access based on Company codes.Also look at operating concerns, controlling area too .

**Reward points accordingly

Junaid

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate on the what data you want to avoid access to?

As some of these are not controlled always by Org level fields like company codes.

Perhaps you might need to get the details of the Organizational Heirarchy.

( like company code, plants, storage locations, controlling area, purchasing orgs etc for different views like financial, controlling, MM, SD etc) based on this u can look into the option of controlling and make necessary roles to suit the scenario.

But a mere creation of a separate company code might not solve the problem.

Hope this helps

Manohar