Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Intergation with TIBCO via JMS

former_member185489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Could you let me know if we can connect from SAP to TIBCO , which is our middleware system via JMS?

Currently the SAP services connect to TIBCO via SOAP over HTTP.

It would be extremely helpful, if you could provide me some detail on it's feasibility or share some documentation links on the same..:)

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all i assume you want to connect to the "typical" TIBCO setup (TIBCO Businessworks and TIBCO EMS) from an ABAP System?

(There's not much info in your request from where you want to connect, ABAP or Java NetWeaver).

First of all TIBCO EMS in that setup is mostly TIBCO's "Bus" Transport but could also be connected via Businessworks via SOAP over http (which seems to happen in your case right now)

In the case of an ABAP System, you could connect to TIBCO EMS via JMS only with SAP PO/SAP PI's JMS Adapter.

If you don't have a PI/PO System in your landscape connecting via SOAP/http is the most feasable Option but requires Businessworks to build the Bridge to JMS

In the case of a Java System, it should be easily possible with the Java JMS capabilities in Java and the EMS JMS Drivers

Hope that helps.

With best regards

Sebastian

former_member185489
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thank You for your response. Sorry for missing out the specifics.

We want to connect from ABAP netweaver system. We do not have a PI/PO system in our landscape.

We are connected to TIBCO in 2 ways:

SAP adapters: TIBCO calls our BAPI's/ receive or send IDOC's for example via this.

via SOAP over HTTP interface: this is used by TIBCO for calling our ABAP Web Services.

We are primarily looking for possibilities now to connect to TIBCO via JMS, possibly the SAP configurations required for it and all.

If you have any documents/ case studies, could you please provide me?..:)

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Ok thanks for clarification.

Unfortunately there's no way to connect directly to JMS from ABAP directly.

If you don't have a SAP PI/PO, i would try to get in touch with your People responsible for TIBCO.

I assume depending on what you try to do you can connect to their JMS Queues/Topics via the mentioned TIBCO SAP Adapter or with a "HTTP Bridge" (TIBCO Businessworks)

Hope that helps

With best regards

Sebastian