Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Point per sample

john_moore4
Explorer
0 Kudos

All,

The company I am working for would like to implement QM in production but with inspection type 04 with early lot creation instead inspection type 03. Also, they would like to use inspection points so that the can record user field information, like which machine the component was machined on.

So, I have now setup a inspection point 150 however I have an issue when I come to valuating the resulys, I get the message "You have not entered enough values for this attributive inspection".

I would like the inspection point to only propose one sample size to be inspected instead the sample size from the same procedure. I system to propose one inspection point per sample size. For example, if I am making a batch of 100 components and the sample procedure dictates that I need to inspect 5, it should create 5 inspection points with a sample of 1 to be inspected.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Let me know if you have any questions and I will elaborate

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please can you confirm if the error message QE 354 (You have not entered enough values for this attributive inspection) is what you are looking to fix or you are trying to get some clues for creating a relationship between 'inspection Point' and 'Sample Size' to have a new custom solution to your process.

1. Error message QE 354: You can check the below points for further understanding -

a) For the sampling Procedure (Table QDSV) used for your MIC, please check if Sampling Type = 300 (Sampling Scheme) used. Also check what is the Valuation Mode used.

b) Check inspection Point details. Is it selected for 'Sample Management' or 'Free Inspection Point'.

c) Use the right Sampling Scheme for your process (Table QDPA).

d) In the Inspection Point '150' configuration, please check the value for the field 'No. insp. points for char. summariz.'

There could be a chance that Sample Size calculated by system for your inspection lot, is lower than the Acceptance criteria defined for the same sample size in Sampling scheme. You need to check the data for further calculation purpose.

2. May be for your case, while you create Sampling procedure in transaction QDV1, you can try assigning 'Sample Management' for Inspection points.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Your question is not clear. If the sample size is 5 you want inspection point for each sample. Is this is the requirement ?. Kindly check the following useful posts which may help you.

Thanks

Kumar