cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 - empty adapter logs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RWB (path Component Monitoring, choosing Adapter Engine  --> Communication Channel Monitoring --> in new window choosing on top right Adapter Log) all logs for adapter are empty, as on attached screenshot.

What do I need to configure to have any entries in logs ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

That is a very rarely used (if used at all) screen. Is there any reason why you want to use it?

You can access the channel logs from Communication Channel Monitoring at a per channel basis.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

thank you.

You get the same (empty in my case) view if click on item in column Adapter Type in Communication Channel Monitoring.

Well, if something is wrong with adapter there is also some information below.

Is any way to examine adapter logs if they exist separately? I was looking even in operating system but with no success.

regards,

Michal

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

I'm on PO 7.4 and the behavior is the same

I've never had to use this monitor in the various PI versions that I've worked on.

Perhaps if you can provide a concrete example of what problems you are facing, then maybe it is possible to suggest another tool to check - common ones are Communication Channel Monitor, NWA Log Viewer, Message Monitor's Audit/Message Log.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks Eng.

I have no special case.

As administrator I examine logs. And for adapter there are no logs from my point of view. So I think I should do some configuration, but don't know how

regards,

Michal

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

If that is the case, you don't need to look there then. The two most common areas for proactive monitoring is Message Monitor and Communication Channel Monitor. There's nothing of any significance in the screen that you have mentioned above.

Regards

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

If your thread has been answered and you no longer have any more queries related to this, please close the thread accordingly as detailed below:-

Regards

Eng Swee

Answers (0)