cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM component in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very new to VC and my client has a quite simple requirement. They have a urea product in various bag size and the quantity of the BOM is depend on the bag size selection in the sales order. Say when customer select 25kg bag then BOM quantity for Urea will be 26.2 kg, when customer select 50 kg bag then BOM quantity for Urea will be 50.7 kg, etc.

I have created characteristics for bag size, component quantity and reference BOM qty (STPO-MENGE) characteristics. Component quantity is a simple reading table from VC, system determines the correct component, however when I did the simulation system gives me in the wrong format.

Example :

When I select 50kg bag, the component quantity is 50.7kg, but when I displayed the result it becomes 0.507 in the BOM component. Its the same when I select 25kg bag, the component quantity is 26.2kg, but when I displayed the result it becomes 0.262 in the BOM component. It looks like always divided by 100.  When I double click the line item it gives me 0.010 in the BOM quantity.

I have checked both characteristics and both of them have the same attributes.

Please see my attached file for more detail and the object dependency syntax.

Thank you

Rgds,

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the unit of measure and base quantity defined in BOM?

Compare  the object dependency $SELF.STPO_MENGE which other components if any variable condition are there probability calculated by a procedure.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The base quantity was 100 EA. I have changed it to 1 EA and it gives the result that I want.

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These kind of problem only will lie on Base Qty only. There no need to check anywhere

Thanks and Regards

Maddy

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your issue is addressed then please close this discussion.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mohameds1988
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Hendrik,

try to write a procedure to be like this one

$self.VC_BOM_QTY = MDATA $self.VC_BOM_QTY * 5

- ($self.VC_BOM_QTY) it's the characteristic which will hold the quantity of the material in BOM

- (MDATA) a standard syntax which tell the system to change the value in the master data field which

already add to the reference characteristic STPO-MENGE.

- ($self.VC_BOM_QTY * 5) in this case i got the amount of the BOM and multiplied by 5 to set it as a new value.

for example : if the amount in the super BOM is 2 using this procedure it will be X5 so it will be equal 10.

then you have to assign this procedure to the BOM item which you want to change it's QTY.

if you need any extra clarification by screenshots tell me

if this solution solved / help you in the issue ... it will be appreciated to mark this answer as (Correct answer or helpful answer)

Best Regards,

Mohamed Salah

mohameds1988
Participant
0 Kudos

VC_BOM_QTY

is just a reference characteristic to STPO-MENGE.

Also if you need extra clarification for the MDATA command please check the below link

Reference Characteristics in Dependencies - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your reply, it's really helpful indeed.

I am actually have another question related to BOM quantity. My client has a business requirement to make the entire BOM on the fly during sales order entry. For example they enter 5 characteristics value and each characteristic refer to a particular component in the BOM.

They requirement is simple, we want to transfer whatever user entry in the sales order as a bom quantity.

Characteristics 1 = 50.20 then this value become BOM quantity for raw material 1

Characteristics 2 = 40 then this value become BOM quantity for raw material 2

Thank you

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hendrick

welcome back , But please raise your question with new Discussion topic. You are extending already closed issue. for your requirement class 200 will be the best soluion.

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Create One Dummy Characterstic X .Maintain this characterstic Equal to urea qty .

then use this characterstic X for BOM to display final result.

Mahendran8888
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hendrik,

Please change the base qty from 0.01 to 1kg in bom for material 79. 100% you will get what is required.

Always go and check in costing. That will be better.

Rgds

Maddy