SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAR + ERP Retail deployment

esther_camarero
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to size the infrastructure required to deploy an ERP/Retail solution and CAR (Customer Activity Repository) on HANA. DB.

I got the estimations for sizing and the summary  is:

The deployment option decided  is a co-deployment, that is, installing  CAR HANA and ERP HANA  on one HANA DB (two schemas on one HANA DB) and separate AS servers for ERP and CAR.

And here, my questions:

1) Would this deployment option be  treated as  MCOD, MCOS or MDC?

2) Regarding CAR ABAP AS, is feasible to distribute the 60.000 SAPS between several AS ABAP instances, 4 x 20000 SAPS for instance, or it doesn't make sense?  I don't know if  CAR processes running in the application server can be splitted in that way.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Esther.

Unfortunately, I don't see the sizing screen.

But to answer questions:

1) Two separate schemas in one HANA DB would be an MCOD-Scenario (Multiple Components in one Database)

2) As CAR is based on ABAP NW, I am not aware of any specialties, so I would guess one can treat it like a "normal" ABAP system - meaning splitting up the load on different AS should be feasible.

Regards
Tobias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Esther.

Unfortunately, I don't see the sizing screen.

But to answer questions:

1) Two separate schemas in one HANA DB would be an MCOD-Scenario (Multiple Components in one Database)

2) As CAR is based on ABAP NW, I am not aware of any specialties, so I would guess one can treat it like a "normal" ABAP system - meaning splitting up the load on different AS should be feasible.

Regards
Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias.

Your answer has been very helpful.

The sizing info that you couldn't see in the table was:

• ERP - HANA RAM: 1027 GB   / AppServer SAPS: 6400
  • CAR - HANA RAM: 1220 GB   / AppServer SAPS: 60574

But, I guess this info is not relevant after your response.

Thanks again,