cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Smart Business - Can you/How do you migrate from Dev to Production?

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From all the demo's and from actually running the SAP Smart Business functionality, it's not immediately obvious if it is natively supported to develop new Tiles in development, assign them to groups and transport these to Production.

e.g. If I have a Fiori Launchpad with a My Home Group defined containing a Smart Business Tile like this:

From our current investigation, the assumption based on what we've been told and what I've read is I would need to create and assign the Smart Business Tile to the group directly in production, hence if I transported an updated "My Home Group" into production from development, we would lose the Smart Business Tile.

Hence, my question:

Is transporting from dev to production supported for Smart Business config/Tiles; and if so, can someone point me at any help about this (might be really obvious but I couldn't find anything in SAP Smart Business Products Administrator's Guide - SAP Library )

Thanks,
Matt

Quick update after I posted this, I realised it might not be apparent that the above image is just a prototype I've put together, and the My Home "group" is not the default My Home, but my own defined group for visualisation purposes. e.g. In the above image, just assume My Home is actually "Priority Access Apps" or similar which is different group to the default My Home used for personalisation.

Message was edited by: Matt Harding

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Matt

Have you seen this one?

Its about the new transport approach for smart business tiles.

Rgds

Jocelyn

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jocelyn.  A bit too low level for the analytical types who will be creating smart tiles, but it should do nicely for out purposes (I'll probably be transporting from Production back to Development but it will at least let me add Tiles to Groups now).

BTW - Feel free to let the Aussie rep who demo'd this for us know about this solution (they weren't aware of a solution at the time) .

Cheers,

Matt

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure DM me who it is & I'll make sure they & the rest of our UX team know

Answers (0)