cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info param Vs System Param Vs control param?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

As part of tthe EM design process, we cam across some design considerations,

In our process, we receive a set of additional data ( about 10-15 fields) with a POD event. This additional data will come only with POD event. Now we have to store this somewhere in EM.

1. which paramater we shall use - info, control, system ?

2. I need to provide a utility functionality(via web service) to fetch the event data (for an order) and I need this additional data to be retrieved and send back along with actual event data of the order to the web service caller. Which functionality I shall use in EM to fetch actual event data? is there any BAPI or web service available already in standard?

Thanks in Advance for your help!

Anu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

In this case, I wouldn't use Sys/Control/Info parameters. If these fields are POD related info fields, I would store them as message parameters. This way these parameters will stay with event and it's easy to retrieve this additional data.

Alert framework will not help you to send the data for web service.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

Oh OK. How would I retrieve this data when I query, say actual events for an order ?

as I asked this question in the above reply , 
is there a BAP or FM which I can Wrap into a web service for event handler query?

-Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Use FM: /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_GET_DATA or /SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_GET_DATA_GEN to get the data.

In these FMs, you will get complete snap shot of the Event Handler and it's events.

For just events, you can also use /SAPTRX/BAPI_EVM_DISPLAY_DATA.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

If your additional data has only one value would map and need to query fast with index then you can suggest System Parameter e-g sales order, shipment, container id etc, otherwise you can check control parameter and info parameter.

Check this SAP help link to get more detail Parameters - SAP Event Management (SAP EM) - SAP Library

Discussion - system , control and info parameter | SCN

"2. I need to provide a utility functionality(via web service) to fetch the event data (for an order) and I need this additional data to be retrieved and send back along with actual event data of the order to the web service caller. Which functionality I shall use in EM to fetch actual event data? is there any BAPI or web service available already in standard?".

SAP EM has WEB UI service where you can give access to user, once you configured system, control and info parameters  If you want to send back the data to external party via link or through email then you can use SAP EM Alert Framework which are readily available.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GGOPII,

Thanks a lot for your answers and advice.

This has only one value and thus SYstem parameter make sense as per your suggestion.

2. I am not using web UI, but instead I have to provide a web service to fetch the data- basically used to various e-commerce applications to show the tracking and they need a web service for this.

is there a BAPI or Function module I shall use to query event handler- so that I can create a wraper webservice for this?

-Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

System parameters will not make sense and you have to use message parameters.

For retrieval use FM:

/SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_GET_DATA

or

/SAPTRX/BAPI_EH_GET_DATA_GEN

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vishnu.

I am so happy to get my queries answered so fast.. thanks a ton for this forum

currently the plan is to replicate the execution evcents in TM and create a FM in TM to fetch this data from order execution node. I see this is unnecessary as I can get all data from EM itself.

If that is the case, how to I stop replication of this events into TM ?

-Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

You can definitely use TM or EM to get the events but as you said you have additional data associated with events, I would say go with EM extraction using the FMs I mentioned.

As with question of replicating the events to TM, I would say you should still replicate to TM as the execution data is readily available against TM documents in execution tab and might help you with overall execution status of TM documents. Secondly, it would be your business decision to replicate the events or not

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Check this discussion for external webservice access -

If you use SAP BW integration with SAP EM, then event message header extension source table not available in standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Is there any business requirement or business case to stop replication into SAP TM or just thinking of stop replicating.  Could you elaborate so that we can give a better solution?

If it is not a business ask, then it would prefer to replicate the events in SAP TM.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

For your response,

"Check this discussion for external webservice access - External Access to Transporter to Report Events"

-- Anu is not asking how to post events from carriers perspective. Anu is asking us how to send the data out.

Regarding BW, Who is talking about BW here? You should design your solution based on what's best for your current system and not based on downstream system. To send the data, you can extend or customize your data sources to send data to BW.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

We have to give different possible solution to them as client may asked something and we provide.

If they would have already BW integrated what would happen to event message header extension solution, then they have to create another BW functional plugin separately (enhancement again) to retrieve data for those new fields.  We are providing different solution and suggestions to them, the end of the day, the consultant take away what is the best way they want to propose with minimal TCO.

I hope this helps.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I agree that we have to give different angles and I do too for lot of posts but here in this post, do you really think it's better to store parameters as System instead of Message parameters.

Also, If your solution is based on BI's assumption, Do you design EM solution from EM's perspective or from BI's perspective?

Thanks,

Vishnu