cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI & NWBC silent install via Intune

justin_bill2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi- I'd like to put together a single install package for SAP GUI and NWBC 5.0 to be pushed to our clients via Microsoft Intune.  In addition to installing the software, I'd like it to push down the Application Server, Instance Number, and System ID fields as well, but I don't seem to be able to find where to add that.  I have looked at the NWBCConfig.xml.template file and it all appears to be look/feel changes, nothing specific to connection configuration changes.  Is there some place else I can look?

0 Kudos

Hi Justin

Were you able to deploy SAP GUI & NWBC successfully?

Kind regards

andrevo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bill, did you make it? I'm just getting into Intune for Education and wanted to implement the SAP GUI. unfortunately only MSI documents can be included.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baflorian
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

something new here?

I tried to install a .exe package via intune, but it failed in any way.

Any idea or solution or maybe a guide how to get it running?

technopath
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Any success with SAPGui 7.70 installation package Windows app (Win32) for exe in Intune?

sync1991
0 Kudos

yep, worked

0 Kudos

Hi Florian

How did you get it to work? What install commands did you use?

baflorian
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It is working now.

Simple command with: SAPGuiIntune.exe /silent

0 Kudos

baflorian Did you packaged it as win32 app?

markus_kugler
Discoverer
0 Kudos

1.) create a single installer file from within Sap Installation Server: eg. sapgui.exe

2.) convert it into a .intunewin package

3.) create new Win32-app in intune: install command: sapgui.exe /silent, install behavior: System

4.) assign app to desired devices

5) have fun!

baflorian
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thats the way we did on our second try.

After installation a lot of missing .dll errors appear.

If SAP could create a msi file, that would be great.

fezey-zakaria
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Team,

I am creating SAPGui 7.70 installation package Windows app (Win32) for exe in Intune but it failed to deploying to end-user machines, could be something wrong with command line install and uninstall.

can you help to share both command line to be use?

technopath
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I also created SAPGui 7.70 installation package Windows app (Win32) for exe in Intune but its also failing on devices. Is it possible to do it using Intune

markus_kugler
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

years passed by - did you finally find a solution to push sapgui via intune?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

The method recommended by SAP is to use the nwsapsetupadmin tool to create your desired package and then pass it to your installation.

We don't support or recommend .msi packages.

You can find more information about the installation server here:

SAP Frontend Installation Guide 7.40 | SCN

Regards,

Jude

justin_bill2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks- we're not intending on building an msi file, nor does it need to be for InTune.  If I use nwsapsetupadmin, can I also include Application Server, Instance Number, and System ID in the installation application so I don't have to enter that in on every client?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Justin,

In the SAP installation server help files, it gives you instructions and help on how to roll out the saplogon.ini, SAPUILandscape and SAPUILandscapeGlobal xml files which contain connection information.

See note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1035560  - Customizing SAP GUI Installation

and http://service.sap/com/sap/support/notes/1426178

Regards,

Jude