cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Error during communication with System Landscape Directory from RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a new install of PI (XI 7.0) SPS 10 and am getting an error whenever I try to access the SLD from RWB or Integration Builder. The SLD is running on the same server as XI.

I've been through the various config guides (strangely there doesnt seem to be one specifically for PI/XI 7.0), to configure RFC destinations, checked users are not locked etc.

I'm thinking it's probably a VA / Authorisations issue, but could use some ideas!

Here's a few errors just for reference (and future people searching!)

<i>

Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: HTTP response code: 403 (Forbidden)

Unable to read XI domain from the SLD. Monitoring cannot therefore be configured. Error message: com.sap.aii.rwb.exceptions.BuildLandscapeException: Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: HTTP response code: 403 (Forbidden)

No System Landscape Directory exists. Unable to generate the landscape

Unable to read software component versions from System Landscape Directory "my.server:51400" (have tried 8014 also)

</i>

Thanks,

James.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi James,

HTTP 403 Forbidden Error occurs when the server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.

Check whether sap/xi/engine is active.

The error you are facing might be because of J2EE roles – Refer SAP Note -796726.

I hope this helps you.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

sldcheck is fine, no issues.

Have asked basis to check if SLD Data supplier service is running fine in Visual admin.

Roles are fine, I already compared them to an XI3.0 system and they all have equivilent assignments which would have been automatically setup on install.

Thanks for help,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

This error usually gets when your Path sap/xi/engine not active. Also activate the service engine in transaction SICF (as given in the XI installation guide).

Also user XIISUSER / PIISUSER has no authorization to send messages to the messaging system. This is caused by a deployment error of the J2EE Engine. So undeploy the component com.sap.aii.af.ms.app and redeploy SAPXIAF*.sca.

Then once again check.

---Satish

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Activated all services

2)Go to SU01 > type PIISUSER and reset the user's pw

Check out this might be helpful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/89/05793c05f0807be10000000a11405a/content.htm

Check this note might help you 961880

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

what about SLDCHECK, is it working...

make all the basic checks.

4xx errors have something to with the authentication.

Reg,