SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc is generated with the same items all days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

In my SAP system there is a job that execute RWDPOSUP program twice per day.  The two executions download the same items each time.

I've tried to delete processed and old change pointers but the result is the same, all day WP_PLU idocs are download with the same items.

These idocs are huge and they are downloaded each day.

Could someone give me a clue to search why they are generated?  Of course, I didn't make modifications on these items.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

Have you initialized the store before using Change pointers?

If no, then initialize the store first using WPMI. Once you initialize the store, it will start keeping track of change pointers. Also check the WDLS table which captures the status of each POS outbound you send. There must be an entry with preparation mode I for the store part of the above issue.

Alternatively, if you really do not want to send all data, you can perform Dummy initialization in WPER2. So it is possible, after dummy initialization, it may send all data again, but after that run it should send only changes.

Just for double confirmation, have activated the change pointers for WP_PLU?

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

Have you initialized the store before using Change pointers?

If no, then initialize the store first using WPMI. Once you initialize the store, it will start keeping track of change pointers. Also check the WDLS table which captures the status of each POS outbound you send. There must be an entry with preparation mode I for the store part of the above issue.

Alternatively, if you really do not want to send all data, you can perform Dummy initialization in WPER2. So it is possible, after dummy initialization, it may send all data again, but after that run it should send only changes.

Just for double confirmation, have activated the change pointers for WP_PLU?

Let us know your findings.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit

thank you for your answer.  I did what you say me and it was ok.  I was a Dummy initialization and then only changes was sent.

Now, my question is why? because before that it runs ok, only changes was sent an suddenly it starts to run wrong, you know why?

About your question if I had activated change pointers of WP_PLU, yes I did it. But I did it for a long time, it was run ok until now.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

Good that your issue is fixed.

To answer your why, it is difficult to find out the root cause without knowing the recent changes or changes in master data like listing and all. If system does not find an entry with preparation mode "I" in WDLS table, it will download full load again. A changes in listing might have started this, so there can be many reasons.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Thank you Amit. I know it's difficult to find root cause and overall If you don't know the system. So, thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.