Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Update in SUM

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

On our ERP system ( DB2/AIX) we are performing the SP update using SUM SP14. The process completed the CHECKS roadmap step. Due to some unforeseen reasons the update has to be cancelled and we have to reset the update process ( Pre-processing is not yet started). Please guide on the reset process.

AFAIK the following steps are to be done.

1. 'Reset Update' from the SUM GUI menu option

2.  Rename/delete the Update directory

Is there a need to run program RSUPGRES? Besides, are there any additional steps?

Thank You.

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I would recommend to read the SUM guide and follow the steps as described in guide.
Reset procedure could be different with different version of SUM guide and these changes and correct procedure is always documented in SUM guide.

No, you do not need to run the report RSUPGRES if you have resetted the SUM following the guide.
You just need to follow the steps in guide and let the tool do its JOB .

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gaurav Pandey
SAP Product Support

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your response.

I am unable to find the SUM update SP14 guide in SMP. I could get the latest SP 16. Please let me know where I can get the SUM SP14 guide.

Thank You.

Rahul

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems  it is provided on demand

Maintenance Strategy
The Software Update Manager 1.0 SP14 is currently in patch on request.
The maintenance strategy for the Software Update Manager and the other tools delivered with SL Toolset 1.0 SP14 is described in the document attached to the SL Toolset 1.0 SPS 14 Release Note 2079036.

Documentation
Before you start using the SUM tool, make sure you have the latest version of the corresponding document. The latest version is available on the SAP Help Portal at:http://help.sap.com/sltoolset -> System Maintenance. The version for SP14 is available on request.

Please refer below note

2084104 - Central Note - Software Update Manager 1.0 SP14 [lmt_005]

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Is it a ABAP only system or dual stack system?
I guess you are using the new SL UI so it must be abap only but would like to confirm.

I can provide the steps from guide once you confirm the above.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gaurav

former_member211727
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Gaurav and Murali for your quick answers.

I had followed the steps from the guide and reset the update.

Thanks

Rahul

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also , section 5.6 provides information about the resetting the upgrade. You need to use the back or reset button. more details in SUM guide.