Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying And Transporting WD Appln thru CMS

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I had a local web dynpro appln, I was able to convert it into a Web Dynpro component and check it into the DTR successfully . Was also able to acivate the activity and release it. There after iwas able to see it in the CMS and i also imported it to the next Level ie the Consolidation Level.

But the problem is the WD Component never got deployed to the dev as well as consolidation system.

Can anyone please suggest the reason for it or can some one please provide a link for some guide as to how to transport Web Dynpro Components

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member286976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Check whether the CBS build was successful after the code is checked in.

Regards,

Sudeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Does the WebDynpro DC has a Application created??? I mean did you created the application in the WebDynpro DC??

If it is so, Did you checked the Build & Deploy Logs for your DC whether Deployment happened or not??

Make sure you activated automatic deployment on both DEV & Cons runtime..

Thanks,

Raags

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the inputs

The WD APPln has an application . Because when i deployed it manually from the NWDS thru the sdm it was able to deploy it successfully. and it was also running.

Can u please tell me where can i check for the Build and deploy logs and where can i chk whether automatic deployment is activated in both DEV ans Cons system.

thanks

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Check this link for the Logs/Troubleshooting - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4e/a5214174abef23e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

To check the automatic deployemnt, Get into the CMS (http://yourhost.yourcomp.com:59000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcSLCMS~WebUI/Cms) webgui then click on Landscape configurator, then click RunTime Systems... There you find the DEV and CONS systems configured.. HEre make sure you are not checked the 'Disable automatic deployment'

Thanks,

Raags

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked the automatic deploy is enabled. When i activate the activity in the activation request i can see the activation status as succeeded but the deployment status is queued .. and this is not changing .

Can someone please tell what could be the cause .and where can i look for any error status.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i may sound stupid , but , can you just check in .dtc folder if the .ear file is generated?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

It seems your BASIS administrator has changed teh SDM Password and that changed password is not reflected in the Landscape configuration of CMS.

I am sure your all deployment activities are queued.. you can see them at http://JdiHost.yourcomp.com:yourport/TCS/Deployer

Also check whether all the host urls are correctly defined in the runtime.

Thanks,

Raags