cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Work List (AR01) for assets massive modification in the backgrou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I want no know how can I create a work pool (tx AR01) for assets master data massive modification but without executing the tx online. Problem is I have to modify a lot of assests so I prefer to execute it in the background. But if I don't execut it online I don't know how to create it.

thanks

Message was edited by:

Matias Areal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Using worklist AR01 for mass changes has a limitation. I guess it works only for 999 assets at a time. And I feel that executing online is better way to do that.

Creating the worklist is just providing the data to the program. Before that you will have to create substitution in Asset accounting giving your logic. You can define substitution for asset creation, master data changes and automatic transfers. The transaction is OA02.

After you have created the substitution, go to AR01 and make a selection of assets to be changed. In the next screen, click on 'Create worklist' icon (CtrlShiftF8). In the pop up screen you will have to enter the worklist name and select the task viz. Change asset w/o dialog (bulk change) in your case.

When you click on the check mark, the system will ask you for the substitution. Here enter the substitution you previously created. You can also create the susbtitution form that screen itself, but I did not suggest that since in your production systems you won't be able to do that. Once you hit enter, the worklist will be saved and then worklist number generated.

To execute the worklist, you will have to go to AR31. here enter the worklist number and other details and hit execute. In the next screen, click on the 'Release worklist' flag (Shift+F10). Keep refreshing the worklist process. The system will do the changes in background and when the worklist is processed, it will give you error/warning/info details.

I hope this helps you. Warm regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, I knew this already, my problem is that I need to do a "really" massive modification every single asset needs to update a value, so this method is not good because of this limitation, I have been reading about LSMW but I don´t know how to make it work to modify all the assets. Any idea ?.

Thanks

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In LSMW create a recording of AS02, where you change 1 asset.

Use a SAP report to get a list of all the assets that you want changed,and export it to excel. Use the excel file as the base for the LSMW file.

Kind regards

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

use bdc and try tcode shdb

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dominic can you give me more information on how to modify assets using LSMW I have only found info on how to make a new data migration not existing data modification.

Thanks in advance !

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matias,

In The Object Attributes select "Batch Input Recording",then press the button "Recordings Overview" and then create a new recording of Trx AS02,

where you go through the steps required to make your changes.

The further Steps in LSMW will be similar to Data Migration.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers. Very powerful tool (LSMW). Does anyone have a good pdf about this tools (full) usage ?.

Thanks !!!

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor

Answers (0)