Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT Performance Monitoring - Missing Host Stats

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue with one of our production servers whereby the stats for Capacity for the host are missing.

I've checked the Extractors in the Extractor Framework and they are all green, I've even re-ran the Technical Monitoring > Setup Monitoring & Reporting steps again with no errors.

So I can't understand why it appears to be not working.  The only thing that did cause concern was the fact that the logical hostname for this server was also entered on the DR box and got listed incorrectly in LMDB for this system.  So I stopped and removed the monitoring for the DR server to see if this helped.  Well it has corrected the hostname/IP associated and Root Cause analysis is working properly now.  I should mention that the Capacity stats were coming through for this server or at least that's what it looked like at first.  Turns out these stats were from the DR server!

So I am at a loss as to what needs to be done to fix this problem.

Any suggestions of where I can look?

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Can you go to solman_workcenter - SOlution manager administration - Infrastructure - agent framework - confiugration tab

Here search for your system where you have issue

Are you able to see the assignment status(DAA status) for that Role type host as on ,Presence . IF it is off,absence please go to edit mode and assign

Do you also see DR server agents here still in active status

Regards,

Murali

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I don't see either of the hosts PRD or DR in the list!  How do I get them put back there?

Thanks

Craig

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doesn't matter I got it back by redoing the Management System Configuration > Assign Host Agent for the Technical System, Database and Hosts and then Technical Monitoring >  Setup Monitoring & Reporting for both Database and Technical System.

Now I can see the host entry in agent framework - configuration tab.

I am now seeing data coming in.

Thanks

Craig

Answers (0)